What to do when you got survivors hiding in map?

I literally just spent half hour looking for two survivors who were quite frankly hiding for 30 minutes.

I even checked with the clock to not to lie. They begun the game normally and then were just hiding. I went around whole map looking for them but never found them after the first sighting.

And now, due having also earlier bad connection I am on the cool down for a long time. This sucks. And they, naturally, get no penalty.

In games before this smart bunch there was rage quitters: half of the team leaving before being put in a hook?. I this what this game truly is about?

Edit: Luckily it was only 5 min cooldown. But man!

Comments

  • Either DC (sucks), find them (good luck), or do what I do-- go idle in the basement, staring at the chest.

    I may not be very good at hide-and-seek, but I am very spiteful when need be. So i'm willing to wait as long as it takes. Eventually, they realize i'm not looking anymore and get bored. They come down to the basement to see if i'm AFK-- and then they die.

  • It's really annoying, but fortunately not all that common that survs just go right into hiding; it's usually when there's only two left.

    I really don't get it form the surv perspective. Simply not being found may be the easies thing to do as survivor, there's no challenge in it at all. Just boring for everyone.

    Not much you can do other than try and find them, or go afk until someone completes the gens and forces egc.

  • @Siipeli said:

    I literally just spent half hour looking for two survivors who were quite frankly hiding for 30 minutes.

    I even checked with the clock to not to lie. They begun the game normally and then were just hiding. I went around whole map looking for them but never found them after the first sighting.

    And now, due having also earlier bad connection I am on the cool down for a long time. This sucks. And they, naturally, get no penalty.

    In games before this smart bunch there was rage quitters: half of the team leaving before being put in a hook?. I this what this game truly is about?

    Edit: Luckily it was only 5 min cooldown. But man!

    This has been a problem for a long time. It‘a not terribly common in my experience but it is incredibly annoying when it happens. All the devs need to do is implement a mechanic that will reveal survivors’ locations if they (the remaining survivors collectively) don’t touch a generator after a certain period of time. A sort of “shot clock” for the game. It’s a very simple solution but hasn’t been prioritized by the devs

  • This happens a lot to me, especially when I get two kills with more than 2 gens left. I just keep looking until I find them, or if they aren’t a SWF then eventually one of them dimes the other one out.

  • It's annoying, but Whispers is about the only things that helps in that scenario. Kind of an oversight in the design of the game. There's no reason at all for survivors to work on gens when there are two left in an unwinnable game, like a 2v1 with 2+ gens left. It's in their best interest to do nothing and hide, but there's no mechanism to speed up the conclusion of the game in situations like that. It's annoying on both sides. The killer doesn't want to be there anymore, but the survivors don't want to be there either.

    I'll never understand the goofballs who work with the killer to rat out hiding players in unwinnable games, or the killers who go along with it. Stop being dumb. Everyone in that scenario knows the game is unwinnable. Why expect players to keep playing like it's winnable? I usually start an Nvidia recording just to have the report ready when I feel like a rat is coming.