Why do I get a DC penalty if the game crashes?
I didn't DC, my game crashed. That's not my fault, why punish me?
I didn't DC, my game crashed. That's not my fault, why punish me?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because a game crash is indistinguishable from a ragequit DC.
The server just registers a connection loss, no matter if it was the internet provider having problems, the game crashing because of a software failure on your PC, you pulling the plug/switching of you wifi/whatever.
The ONLY crash that they would be able to distinguish are when the server or the game software itself crashes with an preprogrammed error message and already noticed that there was a problem that you didn't cause.
Because according to bhvr "they have no control over the system" they designed and implemented