Initial thoughts after one day of playing The Knight

I consider myself proficient to fairly proficient at just about every killer on the roster. ~4000 hours of experience. I think the Knight is the worst killer in the game by a long shot. My reasons:

Inefficiency- Just about everything the Knight does is very inefficient. You have to come to a complete stop to use your power. You then have to spend the time drawing the patrol path. The problem is nothing in his kit really makes up for all the time spent doing these things. The patrols don't often yield anything of real value due to the speed of the AI. I've even had the AI miss swings on players. If I'm going to be taking that much time to set up, there should be value out of that time sink. Which leads me to....

Low impact ability- The Carnifex can break things, but realistically, are killers spending enough time doing this otherwise to design a killer power around it? The Jailer finds survivors, but I already know they're there. I put the Jailer in that spot because I know survivors are going to be there in the first place. A really experienced killer has almost no need for tracking as part of a killer kit. The Assassin can put out some pressure, but again, this is *all the killer has*. These are not impactful abilities. If the stars align and I get one double tap down, I've successfully 5headed my way into the equivalent of a Trapper trap. And that's the best I'll ever get out of this killer. He has literally nothing else outside of these guards, and they do so little.

Safe numbers- The guards are way too slow to make a meaningful impact in most cases. And the power is clearly telegraphed in addition to the banner mechanic. This killer isn't beating any high level players who are trying to win.

Clunkiness- This ties into inefficiency a bit. I want to use my power and often can't because I'm too close to something, or I'm barely moving. And when I do trace a path, I get stuck on things and lose 25% of my power to nothing.

I really want to like the killer because I love the dark fantasy aesthetic. I'm hoping some changes are made to give the guards more impact and maybe add a way to allow the Knight to place guards on the move with the CTRL button instead of having to always stop and use M2.

Comments

  • The issue is guards need something actually unique to each of them. Right now his power is just forcing survivors out of loops which is something I was hoping BHVR would have moved away from.

    I would make these changes:

    Carnifex- Inflicts mangled and breaks a thrown pallet in chase before disappearing.

    Assassin- Can go through pallets and hit survivors twice.

    Jailer- Blocks all vaults within his radius

    This would give them tactful use. Currently the only one that's even decent is Assassin. Jailer is way too slow and does basically nothing but alert you to the survivors presence. Carnifex is good for smashing stuff, but I think adding mangled would encourage you to send him out for split pressure. Placing jailer would give you a legitimate chase ability and also make him actually threatening outside of forcing survivors away from loops. He's like an assist troop, while Assassin if your dps. The idea is to make them each have their own utility and encourage using them correctly for pressure.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I consider myself proficient to fairly proficient at just about every killer on the roster. ~4000 hours of experience. I think the Knight is the worst killer in the game by a long shot. My reasons:

    Inefficiency- Just about everything the Knight does is very inefficient. You have to come to a complete stop to use your power. You then have to spend the time drawing the patrol path. The problem is nothing in his kit really makes up for all the time spent doing these things. The patrols don't often yield anything of real value due to the speed of the AI. I've even had the AI miss swings on players. If I'm going to be taking that much time to set up, there should be value out of that time sink. Which leads me to....

    Low impact ability- The Carnifex can break things, but realistically, are killers spending enough time doing this otherwise to design a killer power around it? The Jailer finds survivors, but I already know they're there. I put the Jailer in that spot because I know survivors are going to be there in the first place. A really experienced killer has almost no need for tracking as part of a killer kit. The Assassin can put out some pressure, but again, this is *all the killer has*. These are not impactful abilities. If the stars align and I get one double tap down, I've successfully 5headed my way into the equivalent of a Trapper trap. And that's the best I'll ever get out of this killer. He has literally nothing else outside of these guards, and they do so little.

    Safe numbers- The guards are way too slow to make a meaningful impact in most cases. And the power is clearly telegraphed in addition to the banner mechanic. This killer isn't beating any high level players who are trying to win.

    Clunkiness- This ties into inefficiency a bit. I want to use my power and often can't because I'm too close to something, or I'm barely moving. And when I do trace a path, I get stuck on things and lose 25% of my power to nothing.

    I really want to like the killer because I love the dark fantasy aesthetic. I'm hoping some changes are made to give the guards more impact and maybe add a way to allow the Knight to place guards on the move with the CTRL button instead of having to always stop and use M2.

    I started out with this same mindset, but I started out trying to get his adept first before actually playing him, and I gotta say I got soooo much better with him now. By no means is he a top tier killer, but he can hold his own. And he’s fun to play now. It does suck that survivors just run in straight lines away from him predropping pallets, but I still think he is more fun than when I started.