Crashing in DBD
Greetings, people of the fog,
I am sure that you have seen this question/issue pop-up just about a million times on the forums, yet this is still not resolved. Does anyone have any idea why this happens or what might be the cause of this?
As for me, I just randomly crash within my game or even outside of it. I am mostly greeted with the friendly neighborhood crash report and sometimes the game just closes by itself any notification or heads-up.
I have read from other posts that the root of the problem is having a tome challenge equiped. Can anyone confirm this? If not, are there any other possible ways of fixing this that worked for anyone? I already tried reinstalling, verifying integrity, etc. None of those generic solution tend to work.
I have not really heard a public statement on this from Behaviour which makes me think they are either unaware or deem this issue unworthy of their attention. After all, this issue has been going on since the Halloween update. At least for me, that is.
All in all, any suggestions would be much appreciated. Let me know about your experiences to as I am sure there are many others who are facing the same issue and are getting constant matchmaking bans because of an issue they cannot control.
Comments
Try looking at the technical issues subforum - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues
A Moderator will likely move your post there shortly.
No info from BHVR on it yet, but it's been popping up on the forums for the past few weeks. Seems to have started along with some other bugs when the Halloween event was launched.
For me, fortunately it's not happened in-trial too often, but it's pretty frequent otherwise. In a survivor/killer lobby waiting for a trial, when the trial pops and it's loading into the trial lobby I'll get disconnected from host errors that throw me back into the private lobby.
Loading up the game the first time for the day, it'll load into the main menu screen then crash with no error, just gone.
When moving between screens in the UI or buying stuff in the bloodweb it'll randomly crash, usually w/o error msg.
I did the same as you as far as Steam file validation, driver upgrades, Windows patches, reinstall the game, etc., with no luck.
I have looked there, but to no luck thus far. I will try playing the game without having a time challenge equiped and see how that treats me. Also, yes, I was going to make this posts within the technical issues subform, but I decided to do it in general as I thought this was not related to a hardware/software issue on my end.
That is quite fortunate and unforunate at the same time. I am glad that I am not the only experiencing this. I genuinely hope that BHVR shines some light on this issue because it is quite problemartic, especially due to the dc penelties being a thing. Luckily, I haven't received more than a 15 minute ban, but this obviously will scale as this incident will repeat itself, so I might just lie low for a bit.
All in all, thank you for your responses, hopefully this matter will get resolved soon. Other than that, I will still try to roam around the forums to see if anyone else found a way to avoid the crashes, at least in-game, that is.