Hook Suciding | Should I Report?

Pretty simple question.

If someone decides to kill themselves on the hook immediately, should I report them? I mainly ask this because there's a DC penalty and by hook suciding, they are basically DCing (prematurely quitting the game). Of course, hook sucides are contextual, and know all the different reasons as to why someone should / shouldn't hook sucide.

For example, something I would report is someone going down immediately, failed to self unhook three times, and proceeded to fail two struggle skill checks. Something I wouldn't report is someone hook suciding because it is a sweaty Nurse at 5 generators and there's already one dead with everyone on death hook. The game is already over and they acknowledged that — they are accepting their loss and moving on to the next game.

I see people talk about an automatic system, but again, an AI to detect such cases seem way too complicated and might backfire on innocent survivors who have a good reason to hook sucide. With all this said...

Is it a good idea to report survivors who hook sucide to avoid the DC penalty? Might be a stupid question, but I want to hear opinions before I go further with doing so.

Please keep it civilized and leave your emotions out of this. I just want a cool discussion from this where we can talk and see if we can reach an agreement. Thanks.

Comments

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3273679#Comment_3273679

    Why would they waste time and energy doing this when there is a plethora of other problems?

    It sounds completely idiotic.

    You do realize that the people that work on the report system, improving it and keeping it running. Are not the same people that introduce new features or smash bugs. Do you?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3273888#Comment_3273888

    You do realize that the people that work on the report system, improving it and keeping it running. Are not the same people that introduce new features or smash bugs. Do you?

    So, what you want is for them to monitor and go through each and every game where someone dies with 2k points and ban someone for killing themselves on the hook where two people have reported them?

    Do you realize how many games are played each hour, let alone each and every single day??

    That's completely unrealistic and sounds like an inordinate amount of work on top of the abundance of false reports they already already are forced to look into.

    All of this, just to ban someone for no longer wanting to be in a match and suiciding on hook?

    You've got to be kidding me.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3274488#Comment_3274488

    So, what you want is for them to monitor and go through each and every game where someone dies with 2k points and ban someone for killing themselves on the hook where two people have reported them?

    Do you realize how many games are played each hour, let alone each and every single day??

    That's completely unrealistic and sounds like an inordinate amount of work on top of the abundance of false reports they already already are forced to look into.

    All of this, just to ban someone for no longer wanting to be in a match and suiciding on hook?

    You've got to be kidding me.

    Thats not what i said. Read again, i wrote that a minimum of 2 people reporting + the endgame screen should count as a valid report that gets reviewed. Instead of just getting discarded because there was no video evidence.

    The whole reporting system needs to be more user friendly. I get it, that there are false reports from salty people. But there are also tons of matches that don´t get reported at all (for anything), because the reporting procedure is to tedius and complicated. I filed a couple reports for cheaters in the past and i spent way more time on the report website than the actual match.

  • i suicide on hook if i see that my teammates are dumb, refuse to save me and just wasting my time.

    why should I waste my time and hop onto another match when this one is bad?

1 2 ›