Randomly crash on killer

In about 50% of my matches as killer, at some point mid-match, I'll just randomly crash. It's usually when I'm winning, and usually just after I've done something to secure that win (like a crucial hook), so it's very frustrating and makes me suspect DDOS attacks, but it's way too many to be hackers unless about 30% of survivors are hackers now.

This has happened on both Artist and Wesker so it's not killer-specific, but it's not happened when I play survivor nor have I seen many killers randomly DC in my survivor matches, esp when they're winning.


I'm on PC

I'm crashing when I play killer (this has never happened on survivor that I can remember)

Steps to reproduce: 1. Play killer 2. Be winning

It occurs in about half my games, I haven't kept track though so it may be way more than 50%. 50% is a low estimate.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Update: it is now happening on survivor and it is less often than 50%

  • If your game crashes that often, why don't you try submitting a technical support instead of a bug report?

    I also play on PC-steam and have never had a game crash at all. The same goes for when I am playing on Killer and on Survivor. In both Killer and Survivor I'm Iri 1, so I have won most of my matches in Killer and the game has never crashed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

  • It's happening on xbox series X too, started happening yesterday for me and I've been playing as "the pig" for achievement purposes. Like you, it is usually when I hook a survivor or break a pallet or something, and yeah while I'm winning.

    It's not a DDOS attack, it's a bug for sure, it happened way more to me though, like out of every 6 games, I'd get kicked out of 4.

    I haven't experienced it as a survivor yet.

  • In Xbox Series X all matches crash as killer. No problem as a survivor. Horrible...

  • Same thing on Xbox. Started randomly happening about 5 days ago.