He has to earn his power, and when he does he's rewarded with his speed and strength boost, so it's a high reward for the patience in building it up.
For me, he's also the trickiest power I'm currently trying to master (not helped by console controller maneuvreability!), so he's not the easiest to get with, butI'd say overall he's balanced and one of the more enjoyable killers to face as survivor too.
Balanced, but you always have a teammate who decided to run No Mither and feed the Oni free orbs. That, and an Oni with BBQ has continuous momentum because only cowards who deserved to be griefed out of the game will ever use a locker to stop the BBQ train...
Oni definitely has a high skill ceiling when it comes to his power usage. I tend to play very conservatively so I can have maximum uptime with each usage of Blood Fury.
I think he's fine where he is. I definitely like how he's not "fast" like blight or spirit, but not as slow as the ranged killers.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
He has a strong power, but his power is solely determined by the survivors allowing him to get it
He has to earn his power, and when he does he's rewarded with his speed and strength boost, so it's a high reward for the patience in building it up.
For me, he's also the trickiest power I'm currently trying to master (not helped by console controller maneuvreability!), so he's not the easiest to get with, butI'd say overall he's balanced and one of the more enjoyable killers to face as survivor too.
His power's fine. He has to earn it through injuring/downing/hooking survivors and his power is high risk/high reward.
Balanced, but you always have a teammate who decided to run No Mither and feed the Oni free orbs. That, and an Oni with BBQ has continuous momentum because only cowards who deserved to be griefed out of the game will ever use a locker to stop the BBQ train...
I don't think there's a balance issue, but I find him annoying to play against.
His flicks can sometimes just be some major bullcrap. but other than that his is balanced
Oni definitely has a high skill ceiling when it comes to his power usage. I tend to play very conservatively so I can have maximum uptime with each usage of Blood Fury.
I think he's fine where he is. I definitely like how he's not "fast" like blight or spirit, but not as slow as the ranged killers.