PC : Pained Sounds DC Glitch + Enormous Lag

Platform : PC

Map : Wrecker's Yard

Killer : Hag

Circonstances : Survivor DC'ing.


Hello !

So I had a weird game earlier.

I had been playing survivor for 2h30 before deciding to switch to killer. My survivor games were fine, and I didn't have any noticeable lag or rollback.

I start as Hag on Wrecker's Yard. One of the survivors DC'd after a rough early game.

From that point on, the place where the survivor DC'd had her pained sounds still around. At any point in the game (and I checked several times), the pained sounds were still there.

I decided to play friendly the rest of the game, since I was a bit dumbfounded by the glitch and I wanted to show them. I then spent a good chunk of time giving pallet stuns to a Quentin I befriended. This is where the weird lags come in.

Since the update, I've experienced some lags when playing killer, but nothing like this.

You'll see :

  • Pallets breaking animation starting before I can actually destroy them
  • The prompt to destroy the pallet disappearing when in front of the pallet, and only appearing when I'm far from it
  • The sounds of vaulting preceding the animation by 0.5 second
  • The survivor walking through the pallet

I've never particularly lagged in my games before the event, and any lag I had this weekend was when playing killer and minor enough (compared to this). I honestly have no explanation for this amount of lag, since I have fireoptic internet and my connection is usually very stable.

Anyway.

Here's the link :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_ZgnqRa4


(Edit : just thought about it, but maybe the lag could come from me recording the game ? I'm using Nvidia Shadowplay on its default settings, but in that case, oh my god. Won't use it again haha !)

Tagged: Pending

Comments