Abbreviations

For those of us who do not know all the abbreviations used on this forum can someone please make a list below of the abbreviations and their meanings please. Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • Most of them are perks... What specifically do you want to know?

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    Most of them are perks... What specifically do you want to know?

    Stuff like FOMO etc. I know what SWF is lol

  • @Mandy said:

    After seeing some posts about the terms we commonly use in game, I thought I'd create a thread with a list of the most common ones - any that need to be added, please comment below and I will add them to the list.

    Acronyms

    BBQ                                      Barbeque & Chilli, Teachable Leatherface perk

    STBFL                                   Save the Best for Last – Teachable Myers Perk

    PWYF                                   Play With Your Food – Teachable Myers Perk

    DC                                         Disconnecting from the game/Ragequit – Unsportsmanlike Behaviour

    AFK                                       Away From Keyboard, as a survivor in this scenario you will start to accumulate AFK Crows which circle your head and will notify the killer to your location

    BL                                          Either Balanced Landing (teachable Nea Perk)or Bloodlust - should be obvious from the context.

    BS                                          Brutal Strength :eyes: Teachable Trapper Perk

    BNP                                      Brand New Part

    IW                                         Iron Will – Teachable Jake Park Perk

    IG                                          Iron Grasp

    KYF                                        Kill Your Friends – it’s a gamemode

    NOED                                   Hex No One Escapes Death - general killer Perk

    OoO                                      Object of Obsession - Teachable Laurie Perk

    SWF                                      Survive With Friends, groups of 2-4 survivors playing together

    BT                                          Borrowed Time – William Overbeck Teachable Perk

    DS                                          Decisive Strike – Teachable Lauri Perk

    PGTW/Pop                         Pop Goes the Weasel – Teachable Clown Perk

    DH                                          Dead Hard, Teachable David King Perk

    TERMS

    Camping                             A situation where a killer remains near a hooked survivor

    Tunneling                           The act of a killer chasing one survivor at the expense of other survivors, ignoring them even.

    Kobe (4%)                          When a survivor frees themselves off a hook without another survivor unhooking them 


    Well, relevant to DbD would be these, otherwise FOMO is Fear Of Missing Out. I just looked that one up on Google.

  • @Hex_iButt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/197642/acronyms-terms-used-in-dbd

    Well, relevant to DbD would be these, otherwise FOMO is Fear Of Missing Out. I just looked that one up on Google.

    Thanks. 😁