So...why have y'all genuinely started believing that Killer should be the "Power Role"

I've heard this sentiment a lot since 6.1.0 stats have released and me/some other folk were baffled at how anyone thought these stats were good.


So like,why the hell do you think it should be the power role? This isn't a lore accurate singleplayer experience of The Fog where Killers kill 90% of Survivors. This is a multiplayer asym game that should strive for a 50% escape/kill rate. You dont screw over one of the sides gameplays just for the sake of "mah horror". Horror is not a real aspect of this game. Take a look at ######### Wesker at the least and tell me this game is supposed to be real scary. This is supposed to be a fun multiplayer game with mild horror elements that go away more and more the longer you play.

The sentiment that Killers are "murder machines and should be feared" is silly at best,stupid and dangerous for the game's balance at most. I genuinely dont understand why the people who think Killer should be a power role play this game. It's multiplayer. If you want a power role.please play a singleplayer game.

Comments

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3224092#Comment_3224092

    I mean thats cool and all, but its so unfocused you're probably not going to achieve what youre going for. The killer is supposed to be the power role, but that doesn't mean that they should get 3-4k's every game. You're mixing two arguments that arent mutually exclusive.

    The killer needs to be the power role because they need to consistently be able to have the advantage in at least 1v1 situations, as they are also balancing the other 1v3 simultaneously. They are doing the work of multiple people and their role needs to reflect that increased requirement. When people can 1v1 at high level and force lose/lose situations on the killer, it diminishes their standing as the "power role" while doubling down on how outnumbered they are. Its a discussion about agency denial and disproportionate potential in each of the 4 survivors more than anything.

    I am not mixing two of those arguments. I am talking about one specific argument where people say "killer = power role which means survivors should die often" for some reason.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3224138#Comment_3224138

    I am not mixing two of those arguments. I am talking about one specific argument where people say "killer = power role which means survivors should die often" for some reason.

    Thats a very specific argument to try to approach in such a broad manner. My point again was that those two things are not mutually exclusive, you can agree with one part while completely disagreeing with the other, especially with how vague the latter one is.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3224314#Comment_3224314

    Thats a very specific argument to try to approach in such a broad manner. My point again was that those two things are not mutually exclusive, you can agree with one part while completely disagreeing with the other, especially with how vague the latter one is.

    I'll be honest the broad take is because I was just tired and wrote this at like 6 am my time lmao. Wanted to just voice my frustration at a specific silly take that I saw being shared around

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3224317#Comment_3224317

    I'll be honest the broad take is because I was just tired and wrote this at like 6 am my time lmao. Wanted to just voice my frustration at a specific silly take that I saw being shared around

    Thats fair, just... makes it hard to really discuss much, which is why i just wanted to provide reasonable insight where I could. These types of conversations often end up with people arguing over details while agreeing on more than they disagree over half the time, unfortunately.

1 2 ›