Little reason to play DbD outside of securing Rift rewards
This is pretty much the feeling I have for this game, it's been like this since quite some time now.
Currently there's a filler community event going on but the most I do is log in, grab the shards and bp, and then close the game again without even getting into a match. The anxiety of having a bad/stressful time is just too much after 2500 hours of playing DbD already. I pretty much can predict what kind of experience I'll have and that doesn't seem very fun nor interesting to me. I'm not even sure what could improve this game's overall enjoyability.
Interestingly many people have mentioned how they prefer to watch others play the game instead of playing it themselves. That might be nice for the streamer community but I don't see how this could be profitable to BHVR if they want players to actually engage with their game to purchase ingame cosmetics.
Comments
I don't think the game is in that bad a state, but the latest PTB certainly has me worried. I don't think I would want to play if those changes go live, but the fact that this rift has new Ghostface cosmetics is basically holding me ransom.
Yknow theres such a thing as burnout. Theres not a thing in this world thatll keep some ones full attention and give out the same amount of joy/entertainment for the entirety of their journey
No ones forcing you to play the game, I have plenty of games out there that I used to enjoy very much that nowadays I dont see myself playing it all that much. These are games that Ive poured hundreds and even thousands of hours into, and yknow what I did? I found something else.
Ive enjoyed my time with DbD for the past 5 years and it has been my main game for all that time, and while I do find myself enjoying it still, I dont get the same enjoyment I did a few years ago. Is that because the game is worst? No, its because Ive spent over 5000 hours playing it.
I’m still playing but much less. I play solo survivor most of the time and I hate dealing with nurse, spirit and busted add ons from other killers. Makes me actually stop playing the game.
I tried to get in some matches after logging in for the daily reward once I noticed the 100% bp multiplier for killers. Big mistake.
The realms I ended up on were downright awful. Artist map with laggy survivors as a m1 killer (Dredge), missed my first attack despite being right in their back just to eat a pallet afterwards. Brutal loss of time and potential pressure which cemented my inevitable loss, I simply gave up at that point considering how extremely survivor sided the map already was.
Another match, this time on Groaning Storehouse. Survivors rushed 2 gens before I could possibly down someone, kept abusing the mainbuilding with 2 open windows and another map tile which had 2 windows next to each other. Looks like the new RNG on this map has created some of the most unfair map variations imaginable. To save further loss of sanity I simply yielded.
Had two more matches, one of those on Red Forest, which required me to camp to create pressure while trying to set up a 3gen defense. One of those resulted in a 4K, the other one in 2K. And that's all for tonight, I'm definitely not in the mood to play this event. The maps are simply awful, they either have far too many pallets (and I'm already using Brutal Strength) or they feature structures/mainbuildings which are so survivor sided that they could be considered semi-infinites.
Did I have fun? No, I did not. In a sense the game failed to fullfill its purpose.