Does BHVR honestly deserve having such a dedicated playerbase?

This will be my final post on these forums, as I decided today I will be quitting DBD. I just don’t find it fun anymore. It’s not a bad game by any means and I had lots of fun during the 1k+ hours I put into it.

I do wonder though, do the developers of this game truly deserve to have such a passionate community that supports them monetarily and through other methods? I mean, the devs don’t seem to care about the competitive people who play this game after stating that some killers they release won’t be viable at rank 1. People like marth88 and many more have tried to help the devs improve their core game in so many aspects but they don’t listen.

It seems like ways to get our money is their primary goal. They don’t care about understanding how their game is played at a competitive level because it doesn’t bring in revenue. The way things have been going, there’s no way this game will last 5 years longer

And before I go, I don’t want people to think that I hate these devs. I appreciate the game they have and the work they do. I don’t agree with many decisions they make but it is THEIR game. I just think if they truly understood their game more, they wouldn’t balance it around rank 20s. 

The only way to get someone like me back is to make new game modes or make big changes to the core gameplay, which most likely won’t happen. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  • The answer is "No". People play it because there is no game like this. DbD's devs are too full of themselves and don't even play their own game, or respect their customers at least.

    Just wait until Last Year's release, maybe some good people will start playing it instead of DbD.

  • RSB said:

    The answer is "No". People play it because there is no game like this. DbD's devs are too full of themselves and don't even play their own game, or respect their customers at least.

    Just wait until Last Year's release, maybe some good people will start playing it instead of DbD.

    Yep I’ll be buying last year once it’s out
  • The game is broken and janky as #########. Fair enough it was probably made on a low budget. I imagine we wouldn't see a lot of ######### fixed until a sequel comes along.

    Still, it bugs me how the devs shrug off every broken thing in the game and say "it's a feature". A lot of ######### should have been fixed long ago but they're too afraid of the backlash.
  • as much as I would like to stand up for the devs on this one... various quotes and decisions they have made make it seem like they only want money and ultimately don't care what their customers think about their product. 

    not to mention the issues some of their customers have had to deal with just to receive merchandise they've purchased. (masks and anniversary shirts) 

    Honestly I regret buying this dlc, not because of Legions lack-luster power, but because they locked the character I wanted behind a paywall (susie)...  just seems greedy. 

    I'm honestly not sure how much longer I'll be able to stomach this game which is really sad given how much money I've poured into it.
  • I still have faith the devs can make the game competitive enough, but right now the only way to play this is how they want, casual, just a party game to play with their friends and if they truly only want "fun" to be the main aspect of the game then they would remove the ranking system all together for the game to truly be casual. I'm not quitting the game, not now, but breaks are definently needed for me.
  • Avariku said:
    as much as I would like to stand up for the devs on this one... various quotes and decisions they have made make it seem like they only want money and ultimately don't care what their customers think about their product. 

    not to mention the issues some of their customers have had to deal with just to receive merchandise they've purchased. (masks and anniversary shirts) 

    Honestly I regret buying this dlc, not because of Legions lack-luster power, but because they locked the character I wanted behind a paywall (susie)...  just seems greedy. 

    I'm honestly not sure how much longer I'll be able to stomach this game which is really sad given how much money I've poured into it.
    I’ve spent about $100 on this game aside from the cost of the game itself. I want things to get better but the devs are too incompetent in my eyes. 
  • Yes.
    Next topic!

  • They aren’t just trying to get money from us, they simply don’t have the manpower, or capital to develop all the things we want in the time margins we want. Dedicated servers took as long as they did to have an ETA cause their budget sucks. It will get better in time but it’s not gonna be anything less than 1-2 years 
  • Have fun wherever your game endeavors may take you, just know DBD is here for you always!! 
  • Have fun wherever your game endeavors may take you, just know DBD is here for you always!! 
    Thank you. I feel like I’ve versed you lol. Do you recognize my name?
  • No they don’t, but unfortunately it’s the only good game of its genre. 
  • Not_Queen is the only one that seems to care about the game, Mathieu Cote is a total douchebag and clearly just care about the money this game is making, this is so sad because there a lot of good suggestion in the forums that just needs at least be tested for viability check