Survivor gameplay is terribly unappealing right now
I've got over 2000 hours, been playing since Myers was released.
Been playing DbD less and less recently. Things got really boring due to less action around. I mean, all I do is either m1 in front of a gen, either m1 to heal for 60 seconds from mangled, tanathophobia and god knows what else, either sitting on the floor, either on a hook. I am basically doing nothing. The chases, which were the best part of the game, got very short, because of all the new killer tools, map changes,etc It's really boring as ######### right now.
Don't get me wrong, killers needed some love for sure, but I really dislike how the devs delivered it. It was bad enough you had to sit in front of gens half the game, now you have to heal yourself and others for the other half of the game?
I mean it's just so boring. How can I keep playing this?
Maybe change it so only 1 thing affects healing/repair at any given time. Just like exhaustion perks. You can't use them all at once. Make it the same for ruin/dying light/tanathophobia, sloppy butcher/tanatophobia/clown perk/whatever else is there. These shouldn't stack.
It might be needed for balancing, but it makes the gameplay crap, find something else.
Or at least buff the ######### out of botany knowledge.
Comments
Alternative you can complete 2 generators, hide and stay alive until the end and jump through the hatch.
Or if you got yourself a key you can take the hatch as soon as it spawns. (Gens done equal survivors +1)
The killer tries to disrupt you and take you out of the game. Disrupting you not really wins him/her the game, only downing and take you out will.
Saddly hooking isn't the fastest way, slugging is, if you don't run Unbreakable/No Mither/Tenacity.
Tunneling and camping secures a kill and with each survivor down/sacrificed the game become totally different.
4 survivors the killer has no chance if they are on the same skill level.
3 survivors is where his/her impact can be felt real hard.
2 survivors, it's basically game over.
You even slug one to chase the other, so there spawns no hatch.
Chasing is the "fun"/interactive part for the survivor, but for a killer it's a waste of time. If a killer cannot down you asap, he/she should look for easier victims.
Here lies the inherit issue of the game.
Chase is the fun part, but it's not rewarding.
Well for a survivors team it is, because they know, that the killer is occupied with one runner, but for the killer a chase has only downsides.
Solution: make the chase more meaningful.
Slow down/halt the progress of gens because they are all to terrified to concentrate properly.
Give the survivors more tools to help each other out during a chase, like prepping escape routes and signaling the chased one where to go.
So the survivors would get more to do/fun and interactions and the killer won't lose time.
But those preparations should use up some mutual resources of the survivors to prevent infinite games.
This alone would open the gameplay to so many new options like, resource gathering, prepping ect. and more interfaces with the killer and survivors.
I made a post about this yesterday. Killer becomes so dull at high rank.
P3 Claudette's with sprint burst/dead hard, self-care, decisive strike, borrowed time
Nea's with balanced landing, self-care, urban evasion, adrenaline
Megs with sprint burst, self-care, adrenaline, unbreakable
You find them in a game and for every chase they run for the exact same window/loop every.single.time. then when caught they'll try to do 360's thinking they're cool or whatever.
It's so boring. The meta is just dull at this point. I'd love to see some other perks/characters in action. I'd love for survivors to try different loops during a game.
I agree.