Instead of releasing a new pair once a quarter

and taking two years to fix the killer (Wraith, Hag, ect... where's Freddy?)
How about you focus on quality?

It feels like balance is based around the addons, which become mandatory and the perks are better suited for other characters.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I don't think hag and wraith need their own updates. They're pretty good at this point, any other changes they might need would be small ones that you could roll into a mid-chapter patch. A dedicated Freddy update would be nice, though.
  • No, I'm saying it took two years to give the Wraith basic functionality.

  • No, I'm saying it took two years to give the Wraith basic functionality.

    My bad, misread it.
  • Nah, it's cool. I'm bein' hyperbolic to assert my point. Took too long to give the Hag a secondary button, too. Which is why I included her.

  • Agreed.

    Having to go back to previous killers and give them heavy updates/reworks is not only annoying to players because they weren't where they should have been to begin with but because it causes unneeded extra workloads on the dev time while they're busy trying to work on new content.

    Yet here we are still with the devs making extra work for themselves for down the road. A vast majority of the killers are still way too addon dependent and the new killers coming out have the same issue (more work down the road for them). Then we look at even killers who have already received work. Wraith was made better but once again ONLY with strong addons. Trapper got a rework and is still bottom of the barrel bar like Freddy or Leatherface.

    The devs have enough to deal with that if they are going to take the time to release new killers and rework old ones it needs to be done well enough that it isn't once again adding more work for them later down the road. Especially when reworks/changes/fixes taking MONTHS at the LEAST. I mean look at how long we've been waiting on totem fixes/DS rework...well over a year. I'm simply saying that the devs are making extra work for themselves instead making it easier on themselves doing it right the first time.

  • @IceKholdStare said:
    and taking two years to fix the killer (Wraith, Hag, ect... where's Freddy?)
    How about you focus on quality?

    It feels like balance is based around the addons, which become mandatory and the perks are better suited for other characters.

    As long as the DLCs sell well enough (apparently they do), they will value quantity over quality

  • Very articulate. Expresses how I feel, precisely.
    Make this the year of reworks, instead of more, poorly executed, new characters.

  • I've always questioned why they decided to do an entire year of work for new content when their current content is not the quality standards that it should be.

    It's almost as if they have too much on their hand and I assume, with the possibility that I'm wrong, that DLCs are prioritize due to the income it brings in. Meanwhile, a Freddy rework that's been in the works for too long or atleast thought about for too long, DS changes, and more quality-changes they could be focusing are postponed because of the sheer amount of work they have.

    Just my two-cents.

  • Does the short term financial gain outweigh the amount of misplaced effort?

  • For as transparent that they maintain they are, I wish they would sit down and say they need to scale back a bit and focus on the current set of problems.

  • Wraith feels the exact same as he did before. The speed boost doesn't do jack ######### due to it only giving him back the same distance he lost from ringing the bell. Add ons are good though. But without the add ons he's practically the same as before his buff.

  • You must not remember a time, (the entire first year he was out) when he couldn't vault while cloaked and could get stuck between a palette and a survivor indefinitely, being unable to perform a break action while cloaked.

  • The game is in a good enough point of variety and content with Killers and Survivors that we need a huge slew of buffs and reworks for the balance of the game imo.  I understand it's a slippery slope to approach balance for a multiplayer game, let alone an asymmetrical one...but to be completely honest, they made this game and have the responsibility to make changes as needed, esp when community feedback is immensely asking for them.

    In general I want Survivors to fear Killers as it's supposed to be...but many Killers end up as just jokes for Survivors, esp SWF...Freddy and Legion are just punching bags for the majority on the Rank ladder.
  • Nikkiwhat said:
    The game is in a good enough point of variety and content with Killers and Survivors that we need a huge slew of buffs and reworks for the balance of the game imo.  I understand it's a slippery slope to approach balance for a multiplayer game, let alone an asymmetrical one...but to be completely honest, they made this game and have the responsibility to make changes as needed, esp when community feedback is immensely asking for them.

    In general I want Survivors to fear Killers as it's supposed to be...but many Killers end up as just jokes for Survivors, esp SWF...Freddy and Legion are just punching bags for the majority on the Rank ladder.
    They need there fix and they need it now