Can someone please explain what this endurance protection was?
There's so many ways to get endurance protection, it feels every hit is always rolling a D20 to see if you can even hit.
I see this type of thing VERY often. This is at the very beginning of the match. I had stalked and downed a survivor in the first 30 seconds of the match. She was nearby with him, so the chase began. It's not a medkit endurance, it's not Off the Record for obvious reasons (I wouldn't have gotten the first hit in), it's not Dead Hard as there's no animation. It's not MoM, as the match literally had just started (she was running up to try to get the first person off hook but I intercepted). What is this endurance from?
https://youtu.be/IN_qPX-S9uE
Comments
Could it be auto-DH? That's the only thing that makes sense.
I thought WGLF but that only lasts 10sec and you chased her longer than that.
No animation.
Yeah I edited, it's possible that happened before, but the chase lasts longer than 10 seconds here.
I think it's auto-DH. Nothing else makes sense.
Doesn't that only give endurance to someone you are healing from ground? Also no protection hits were in play.
I stalked and downed him right off the bat, put on hook, then chased her away. Recording starts there.
I thought maybe auto dh, but wouldn't that have triggered on the first attack? Also there's no dh animation.
No, you must be injured to use DH. And Endurance only prevents damage that downs you anyway, it would be useless while healthy and not exposed.
Plus you can't DH mid-vault.
Ah. Been a LONG time since I've used dead hard. Guess I had forgotten it needs an injury.
Yeah. And there's a few frames of warm-up on the animation. If it tanks the hit too quickly, I don't think the animation will necessarily fully play. Hitting them knocks them out of the animation. So no animation is a pretty strong sign of auto-DH, though it's not conclusive by itself because it could either just be really lucky timing or the animation bugged. (But I don't think it's a bugged animation because DH also forces you to run in a straight line for the duration, which you don't see here at all.)
Also note that DH was recently changed to grant endurance instead of I-frames.
Looks like standard dead hard to me.
It's Dead Hard. When you hit someone using Dead Hard the animation ends early. You can see her slightly lean forward just before you hit her and then she leans back a bit after you hit her. So what probably happened is you hit her right when the animation started.
That a very standard Dead Hard.