(Ideas) To Lessen Gen-rushing
I'm a survivor main who occasionally plays killer; so I do understand the problem with gen rushing. Many of the maps in Dead By Daylight are pretty large with a few smaller maps.
Map pressure is pretty important to keep a balance of roaming around instead of camping or proxy camping. I used to "proxy" camp but I didn't even know that was a term (used to roam around a bit then run back to check). I don't do that anymore now.
Good killers know how to counter looping, 360s, not to chase too long, and not to camp or proxy camp. They roam around to check if anyone is doing gens, or going for a possible save.
While roaming around there can be many different scenarios. It all depends on all of the survivors actually. Depending on their rank, if they were boosted, SWF or randoms, and along with the fact of how altruistic they are. Mistakes can also be made by survivors which can land to their own doom.
In higher ranked games, people are known to gen rush. Larger maps are harder to pressure ALL of the survivors and to keep it balanced. I'm not saying it's not possible to get a 4k in higher ranks, but it can be a lot more difficult. Here are some of my solutions to possibly fix gen rushing. I know devs won't read into this, and survivors might get mad at me for it, but it's not like it's going to actually happen so chill lmao.
Solution 1: Finding parts in lockers or around the map
You can find various of generator parts that could be missing on generators. Finding these parts could be hidden inside chests or lockers. To search inside of a locker; there should be 2 options (hiding or searching important parts for a generator) Finding these pieces in lockers could perhaps respawn after a short period of time. You can also find parts around the map randomly such as gasoline around corners, inside buildings, or inside killer's shacks.
Solution 2: Different kind of generators
There are different kinds of generators. Each generator consists different ways to repair them, along with different designs. Some of them could be harder to fix while others could be a bit easier. Some could be louder, or be so loud a malfunction could happen inside the generator alerting the killer (along with you).
Solution 3: An extra generator in higher ranks
A six generator. It drags out more time in higher ranks, and could possibly slow it down a bit more but I'm not completely sure about this one.
Solution 4: Final generator
After you and your team has completed about 4 generators, there's a final one now. All of the other remaining generators have harder, and faster skill-checks. There could be perhaps a special tool (more than one of course) that you need to fix the final generator. Once you have obtained this tool, you can now fully repair the generator. This tool can be found in various locations around the map, nearby hooks perhaps, and chests.
If used by the map you can see all of these tools actually which could possibly provide more use to the map.
This could be an issue for solo survivors however, or being the last one alive so I'm not too sure about this one right now.
I know none of this is going to be like, reviewed or considered into taking an idea but I thought it would be kinda neat. All survivors can really do right now is just cleanse totems and repair gens so it shouldn't be that much.
I'm not also saying all of these solutions should be inside the game, I was kinda just saying those as examples. Just wanted to clear that up!
What do you guys think?
Comments