What do you count as a win?

Now I know that there is no real defined "win" in Dead by Daylight. Most (and I think I saw somewhere maybe the devs said) that a win for killer would be 3 kills, for survivors 3 escapes, and a tie being 2 for both sides. I still think that a lot of people classify a win a lot differently though, and I'd like to know how everyone else does classify it. I personally lean towards the amount of bloodpoints being a win. If I escape as a survivor and only make 10k bloodpoints then I see that as me losing, as I wasted time for very little reward, but if I die with 20k+ bloodpoints I see that as a win because even though I died, my time was worth it as I was rewarded more largely. It's another reason why I think that escapes should count for less bloodpoints than they do now, and all in-game actions count for more.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • As a killer or survivor is getting 1 pip. 2 is a bonus.

    Mostly is about playing your role well. Constant pressure/altruism/objectives.

  • I tend to play Survivor more seriously than I do Killer, so when I'm on Survivor, I'm aiming for the escape or, failing that, helping my teammates get out.

    When I play Killer I'm mostly in it for Bloodpoints, so I'm less worried about going for that 4k than I am with maxing out my scores. My mantra is "prepare to sweat, hope to mess around", so I'll play seriously until I got what I want from the match, then go easy or even let Survivors go if I'm in the mood. I'll even straight up farm in the event of a one-down wuss Disconnecting right out the gate.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/347583/what-do-you-count-as-a-win

    I am most definitely not a competitive player!

    My personal goal when I'm playing is how many times I can Deception a locker and get the killer to check it, plus how many Head On stuns in a match - if it's more than 2, that's a win to me. I am not really bothered whether I live or die in a game, I like to get involved and take risks and make those risky endgame saves, I also sacrifice myself for my team mates. My BP even in death is normally 24k or higher, so I'm pretty satisfied with that, and I definitely play for BP more than the escape as a survivor.

    When playing killer, it's how many hooks I got more than actual kills. If I've had a fun match and won some good chases, I'd class that as a win for myself personally regardless of the number of kills - I play for chases and if I'm playing a stealth killer some good jumpscares thrown in is just a bonus!

    It would be cool if there was an event that we could have a chance to play with you guys (the mods)!

1 2 ›