LETHAL PURSUER SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ADDED
Killer does NOT need to know where the survivors are at the begining of each match let alone for how long they get it. movement killers that can instantly be on you in a few seconds make it too easy to get a hook right when the game starts. Every other game I play now I'm found and hooked within the first 20 seconds of the game before I get a chance to even figure out what's going on or do anything. Killers have WAY too many aura revealing perks that can all stack and give infinite wall hacks which you can literally do nothing about unless you are running distortion.
You already buffed the heck out of killers and nerfed survivors based on the top 5% of swf players even though the survive/kill ratio favored killers already. Us solo Queue players who don't have anyone to play with get stomped on every single game. This isn't fun at all anymore. I'm forced to run the same perks to even stand a chance now and even then I rarely get out. Idk why I bother posting on here all I'm gunna get is "sounds like a skill issue" or "it's fine stop crying" from killer mains or the fee survivors who play swf daily and don't understand solo Queue.
Comments
I've noticed a lot of people running Lethal, so, when I play survivor, I hang around for a few seconds and then leave the area I spawned in. It's different from how I used to play, but it stops me from being the first person targeted a lot of the time.
Actually, because of the way lethal works, it technically wouldn't increase it even if it did. Because distortion lasts 10 seconds and lethal lasts 9, lethal has already “ended” by the time distortion deactivates, and thus the 2 seconds of extension won't apply.
Lethal basically works by extending an aura read for 2 seconds when its supposed to end. As an example, lockers normally make you immune to aura reading. However, if you get in a locker after your aura has started to be read you will continue to be visible for 2 seconds after the animation for entering the locker has fully completed with lethal but won't without it.
Similarly, if you are running lethal and BBQ and a survivor gets in the locker before BBQ triggers and gets out 5 seconds after, you won't see their aura. Even though the killer would see the survivor's aura for 1 second if BBQ lasted 6 seconds, but lethal does not actually equate to a 6-second BBQ. Rather you get a 4-second BBQ and when the end of that BBQ is reached it “procs” and grants another 2 seconds of aura read.
So, lethal doesn't technically LITERALLY increase an aura read duration by 2 seconds, rather it causes an aura read that is ending to persist for 2 more seconds. Thus, if you are immune to aura reading at the moment that lethal would have triggered, it does not proc at all.
Knowing where the killer is the first few seconds of the match isn't all that useful.
here take this *throws distortion at you*
LP a one and done perk with a potential buff to other perks, contingent on you actually bringing more aura reading perks...
Do seriously want to face more 4-stack slowdown killers making the most tedious parts of the game even longer?
Build variation is a great thing, and the buff to lethal is a MAJOR reason why we're getting as much as we are lately.