Can I also make a "thoughts after playing 100 hours of DBD" thread?

I've also been wanting to share my thought as a newbie, actually the title is a bit of a clickbait. I have just over 100 hours but less than 200 I assume. I have been playing for a bit over a month now.


I have been playing survivor cause killer queue is pretty slow and I am impatient (I've only played like 3-4 killer games). I play on geforce and depending on the size of the queue I change servers accordingly. (I'm in Europe, but sometimes play in the US server to bypass the queue). I play on controller, whatever that means.


The game is fun but albeit a bit frustrating. The other PvP game I've spend a lot of time before DBD has been LoL. So when I came into DBD I made a lot of comparisons regarding matchmaking and stuff. My favorite role in LoL is mid because of the 1v1 potential and the agency it has.

For me it's not so much the people who are frustrating but more so how the game itself is designed. It doesn't feel like the developers are sure if they want the game to be competitive or casual and the players themselves play casually or more competitively. Personally I would like to always be able to play my best, have the best items and add-ons and stuff and as annoying as it is to go against killers who are taking the game very seriously when the team is like a kindergarten class on a field trip, I kinda can't fault them? I'm mostly frustrated at having to play differently that I would if I always had access to the items (I play soloq).


The single most frustrating thing to me is not being able to communicate stuff to the team. I like to run discordance on my Ada so some matches I get info on the killer's perks and I can't communicate that to my team. There is that one time though, when the stars align and there's non-verbal communication with the team.

The second most frustrating thing is the matchmaking. I get at least 1 teammate who is extremely new to the game (they attempt to escape cause they don't know any better and end up going to second stage, or have no idea you can double heal) and they usually go down rather early. You can say I'm low mmr, but why do I get a 0 prestige teammate in the same lobby with one or two who are 3+. The matchmaking is a joke, sometimes it feels like the game is lost at the lobby.

One of the reasons I lose my matches is because I try to save the last person on hook if it's just me and him, or try to get him up if he's slugged. And I'm bad at figuring out where the hatch is.


Some of the funniest moments for me are when the killer puts me in dying state close to a window and he vaults 3 times. It's pretty hilarious. The other funniest moment was when I was hooked and this Mikaela was trying to come for the rescue and she has to run all the way from across the map through the Temple of Purgation and she drops to the hole and then she has to get out to come save me.


The killers I like going against are Huntress, the Executioner, sometimes Nurse(they aren't running the ultimate build for the most part), Ghostface sometimes, Trickster and maybe the Doctor. Oh and the Cenobite. Maybe because it feels I can play against them. I don't really win against Nurse but I feel I do decent against her in chases, like they are not phenomenal but they still win cause I don't think people have learned to run them. What i like about running nurse is that unlike other killers, you can ideally never run out of resources (since she ignores pallets).


The killers I don't like going against are the Shape, cause I'm really bad at spotting him, Wraith cause they are simply too fast, the Spirit cause I see her rarely and I dunno how to play against her yet. Trapper, cause sometimes it feels stupid to play against him. I hate seeing my team stepping on random traps and then dying close to each other. And Oni. I don't see him that often but he is scary. And maybe Legion.


I would like at some point to buy the Artist cause she looks really cool and I'm saving up Iridiscent Shards for her, or maybe Plague. I would also like to learn Nurse cause her cosmetics are awesome but I really hate her fatigue after her blinks.


As for the survivors, I enjoy playing Ada, Cheryl, Nea, Mikaela and would like to buy Yui and Yun Jin in the future. I try to play each of them with different perks. I'll also try Rebecca as a healer though.


As far as survivor stereotypes go, the Bills do go down fast. Mikaela is useless for the most part because she can't find the totems and until she finds one she won't do other objectives and she's bad at running the killer. Dwight rarely runs Prove Thyself, I don't understand why. I like Nea's, they can be helpful. Not always good at the game but they do more stuff than Megs for example. David is so-so. Ada is a homie. Claudette can be both decent or absolutely bad. Cheryl's are cute. Ash is trash. Leon's have been meh, I even encountered one who was a dick blocking the way to the exit gate despite me having healed him and stuff. Jill is nice. Feng Min is a cointoss, I don't think I've ever met a looping god. Kate is a nice teammate for the most part. Jane is selfish. Jake is a bit of a dick, most of them prefer to annoy the killer than do objectives.

Comments

  • I also like to chase with Nurse. I'm bad at regular chases, but Nurse chases work for me, because I get to actively avoid all of the vaults and pallets, and just spin around a tree.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I also like to chase with Nurse. I'm bad at regular chases, but Nurse chases work for me, because I get to actively avoid all of the vaults and pallets, and just spin around a tree.

    It just seems that breaking line of sight works decently.

    Heck I even won against her in Midwich, obviously the Nurse wasn't a pro. But sometimes it feels like it's possible to win against her, just feels people are discouraged. Like one time the Nurse was a beginner but a teammate DC'd as soon as he heard her screech, tell me how that is unwinnable.


    It simply feels like with other killers, they can simply outrun you. With Nurse you don't need stuff other than walls. But like I said, the Nurses I face aren't running her most OP stuff.