I really can't think of a title for this

Has there ever been a time where you didn't understand something in the game for so long.

For example you had Tenacity on but didn't know fully you could recover and crawl at the same time and just thought it was some kind of bug.

Stuff like that.

Comments

  • I didn't know you could erase Artist's crows with flashlight, so I'd run around to shake them off with my off-comms swf running after me and clicking.

    I also didn't know that Blindness prevented survivors from seeing their hooked/downed teammates and thought I was getting crazy unaltruistic teams when I started playing Hag with Third Seal on.

  • There's thing I never knew (after several years and thousands of hours), but no.. I read all of my perk descriptions. Unless it's something not explicitly mentioned or clear in the description.

  • @jamally093 said:

    Has there ever been a time where you didn't understand something in the game for so long.

    For example you had Tenacity on but didn't know fully you could recover and crawl at the same time and just thought it was some kind of bug.

    Stuff like that.

    I guess so... Especially with the first free perks you don't really completely grasp how they work when you start out and you might never revisit them when you later get new characters. Renewal/Secon Wind for example ... from my gaming experience I knew what Second Wind is supposed to be: some sort of small healing in the heat of things, non-magical and just an expression of the characters thoughnes. So I read the perk description. Read it again. And again, very slowly this time. I still didn't get it. For a beginner this was so convoluted and nothing made sense and what did they want me to do? For something, something one health state. Uhu ..

    Deja Vu is more to the likes of Tenacity, in this regard. I thought that it would show you three random gens closest to you right now, but what it actually shows you is the three gens that are closest together, ie the 3 gen of the current life situation on the field! This is so unvaluable, but back in the days I couldn't understand the "three gens in close proximity to each other".

  • @jamally093 said:

    Has there ever been a time where you didn't understand something in the game for so long.

    For example you had Tenacity on but didn't know fully you could recover and crawl at the same time and just thought it was some kind of bug.

    Stuff like that.

    Yes. Sometimes as Survivor you go against Twins. I really don't know why, maybe it's a bug.

  • I had a dumb match against a Huntress on The Game.

    My friend and I spawned next to a Bill who was walking weird, immediately hiding in a locker next to us. We walk a bit further away, towards killer, and as the Huntress hits our 4rth teammate we hear Bill spam-screaming and immediately, we think "Is he a hacker ? How is he spam screaming ? Is he going to start flying around soon ?"

    So we played investigator and followed Bill around for like 5 minutes, going to the same gens as he, following him when he left gens, hiding near him to see how he was doing in chase... We essentially threw.

    He was not hacking.

    Huntress just had Iron Maiden and we forgot that it made survivors scream. He was just having fun going in and out of his locker.

    He DC'd mid-game, probably from seeing he had dumb teammates walking like ducklings behind him.