What happened with the maps randomizer?
I played 15 matches today, took the day off, been playing since 12h oh so
I got garden of joy 4 times, rpd 3 times, mac Millan 2 times, gas heaven 2 times, 1 crotus prenn and 3 swamps
what happened to the daytime maps? I got so tired of the garden of joy that I put an offering for the crow map and it got to mac milan instead
I am lost for words, anyone noticed this or is it only happening to me?
Comments
It's happening to me too. It would be good if, when all 5 characters are in the lobby, the previous map all players had in their last trial were removed from the rng (with exception to map offerings).
That way there would be a greater chance of variety.
Also, I would like to see more original maps made to add variety. Killers such as The Trickster of The Blight are missing out on terrific map options.
And also, what about nightmarish versions of a twisted reality for survivors? Like a botanical garden for Claudette, except it's made of flesh, not plants? Or an athletics field with dangerous obstacles like spiked hurdles, or viscera along the track? Even licensed survivors could have amazing maps - Bill would have several options!
It would be awesome if they had a system for that for sure
do we know if the maps % chance of appearing are all the same or some maps have a bigger %?
Although I have yet to see it confirmed, there has been a persistent theory that suggests certain realms are bumped up to be more common, like a rotating pool. You can see RPD 5 times in a row, for example, but hardly ever see Léry's without using an offering.
Im just getting offering after offering with like none of it being left to RNG
Actually a very good suggestion imo. Id be interested to see that in action. I hate having the same map twice (except with offerings)
I'm affraid I don't have an answer for that, but my guess is (ignoring new chapters or offerings) the percentage remains.
They could take the idea of random.org of including background noise to increase the randomness (no idea how that's done), but I'd say it would be better to take more control of the randomness with exclusions.
Thank you, and I have given them that to consider as feedback. Hopefully, they'll see its worth and put it in place.
Only time I use offerings is when I'm tired of playing on maps I hate, not survivor sided maps or anything because I do actually enjoy most cold winds maps.