Why Solo can't get near SWF.
First, let me apologize that you may not understand what I am saying because this text is machine translated.
Why is the difference between solo queueing and SWF not bridged?
Let's start with an extreme analogy.
If you chase for 24 hours and the other 3 guys crouch in the corner without fixing the generator, you will never get out, will you?
Why don't the other three repair the generator?
One reason I can think of is because we are not unified as a team of survivors. You play DbD as a survivor and your goal is to escape. Most survivors will have the goal of escaping.
However, the fellow next to you in the lobby may be playing just to complete the daily challenge to break the hook. Maybe they are only playing for the archive challenge where you hide near the killer for a few dozen seconds. Maybe you are playing just to defend your allies.
But it is the same for you. I cannot proudly say, "I never play to complete archive challenges, I always play to escape."
In other words, the guarantee that an ally survivor matched with a solo queue will repair the generator is non-existent.
What about SWF? Amazingly, they can use VC and unify their intentions even before they enter the lobby. The most efficient generator repair to get everyone out. Or you can even enjoy completing the challenge with the assumption that everyone will die.
Unity of will is not the same as communication.
I know there is a proposal being discussed to add an icon to indicate what a friendly survivor is doing to eliminate the difference between solo queue and SWF (but adding it would render the visual loss meaningless). In fact, the addition of this would communicate but not unify intent. This is because each solo survivor has his/her own unique intention of "aiming to escape" or "prioritizing the challenge" when he/she enters the lobby solo. You do understand that even if an icon is added, it is possible that no one but you will get the generator icon, right?
Now, the 61% kill rate is being discussed on the forum. Some people see this as a problem and others see it as not a problem.
I do not see it as a problem. I don't see it as a problem because, as the developer said, I think the killer should be a symbol of fear.
Apart from that, why has the kill rate increased since the last time? Significant PERK changes and some changes in the base kit go without saying as reasons.
However, as many of you have noticed, we are also seeing more survivors committing suicide and DC than before.
The matches where they took place may not be included in this kill rate, but it is possible that some of the games you were not able to escape as a survivor had people committing suicide or DC.
How to fundamentally remedy suicides and DCs is difficult and will not be dealt with at this time.
I would like to make a suggestion here that would remove the frustration of solo queueing.
Survivors can set their own lobby status. For example, "escape priority", "enjoy priority", "challenge priority", etc. By checking the status of other survivors in the lobby, we can unify our intentions to some extent in advance. Or, it is easier to enter the same lobby with players whose lobby statuses match the ones you have set.
This status cannot be confirmed by the killer.
However, this proposal also risks extending the waiting time for survivors who have received 100% incentives for a long time. We know that the rating matching system does not show rates at the risk of elitists, but there is also a danger of big angry players emerging if a player with "escape priority" status makes a big mistake.
There may be other disadvantages as well.
Now that I've suggested this, I'm not sure if this idea should actually be implemented; if the developers' old idea about DbD, that it is a game of chaos, is consistent, then perhaps there should be no communication or unification. However, SWF and VCPT are now enabling communication and unification. There is no chaos there.
Comments