the North Wind and the Sun

There is an Aesop's fable called the North Wind and the Sun.


Why does DbD remain the north wind against the killer option? Especially when it comes to camping and tunneling, which survivors mainly hate.


As a premise, I will state the idea that it is impossible to completely remove camping and tunneling from the game. I also understand the reasons for survivors to dislike them. You start a game, spend most of your time inactive, and hate to leave, right? (sorry if not).


Recently, the advent of reassurance perk and the addition of default borrowing time and Haste This has forced developers to try to force camping and tunneling to be a less attractive option for killers. North Wind.


Yet, Killer still chooses to camp and tunnel. If you have played Killer, you will understand why this is, even if you are not happy with it. It is because the nature of the game is such that it is more advantageous to reduce the number of survivors early on.



So what if it is more advantageous to hook them evenly than to exit one of them from the game early?

Of course, I am sure they would still not stop camping and tunneling. But if there is a possibility of curtailing it more than we do now, I think maybe I should think about it.


The Sun. What if the killers could gain more benefits than they do now if they hooked the survivors evenly?

Before the artists came along, I might have suggested that some of the BBQ effects be made into a base kit.

Other than that, there are a number of PERKS that encourage hooking evenly at this point, so why not make them base kits in smaller numbers? Decrease the number of those PERKS themselves as well, and when they are equipped, the addition will bring them back to the original number.


For example, Remember me, No Way Out, Grim Embrace, etc.

Of course, I don't mean to say that the current meta slow down perks should be untouched.


Again, I don't think this will cause a dramatic change. But I'm not a big fan of blowing north wind to take away killer options in order to suppress camping and tunneling one day.


Give them a sense of fairness rather than being impartial. Isn't that what is important?


sry my poor english

Comments