i'm undecided between the re2 and re3 remakes personally. i have re2 on console and absolutely love it, so i wanna try the 3rd but i've heard some negative things about it and i'm just not sure
oh i can get both and re resistance for an extra $5 i'm doing that lmao
I just finished the RE3 remake myself the other day-- I never played the original so I can't speak to it as an adaptation, but as its own experience I personally think it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Very different to RE2, though. RE2 is kind of a horror movie experience, lots of quiet tension and foreboding atmosphere-- by comparison, RE3 is very much an action movie, with explosions and characters scrambling to keep themselves alive. I think it's great, but I can see why some would consider it a downgrade if what they liked about RE2 was the tone and atmosphere.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I just finished the RE3 remake myself the other day-- I never played the original so I can't speak to it as an adaptation, but as its own experience I personally think it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Very different to RE2, though. RE2 is kind of a horror movie experience, lots of quiet tension and foreboding atmosphere-- by comparison, RE3 is very much an action movie, with explosions and characters scrambling to keep themselves alive. I think it's great, but I can see why some would consider it a downgrade if what they liked about RE2 was the tone and atmosphere.
Jill rules, also.
RE3 remake cuts out a lot and most people agree its a bad remake especially with the nemmy mechanics
RE2 remake is much more faithful but still has cut enemies but is miles better
nobody plays resistance on steam except a few awkward people and hackers who'll either make the game even more unplayable or ddos you