Cancelled heals act like failed skill checks PC

Lately when I cancel a heal the game reacts as if I failed a skill check. I'm using toggle controls if that matters. I noticed it most with self-care, but I think it happens with other heals too. I think this also happened for a while when the last chapter came out (the Dredge one).

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Was hemorrhage in play?

    If so, stopping a heal early will make a noise similar to a failed skillcheck, but it isn’t one and it doesn’t notify the killer so they won’t know unless they’re close enough to hear it.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Was hemorrhage in play?

    If so, stopping a heal early will make a noise similar to a failed skillcheck, but it isn’t one and it doesn’t notify the killer so they won’t know unless they’re close enough to hear it.

    Oh, interesting. I didn't know that. I'll keep an eye out next time.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3172644#Comment_3172644

    Oh, interesting. I didn't know that. I'll keep an eye out next time.

    Yea sounds like new hemorrhage

    though it may also be those fun phantom skillchecks that can also appear when you let go of gens. Sometimes you hear a skillcheck sound after letting go and sometimes not, but it will fail ✨