Anonymous mode question
hi,
lets say i play as killer and im in a pregame lobby. My option under "Anonymous mode" is ON. game starts, and i can move as a killer. So, i stop moving now, go into options and change under "Anonymous mode" to "OFF" and continue playing. Will my name be now visible when the match ends? I mean my nickname? Or it doesnt matter what i do while im in a match, cause it only counts what i changed before the match started? Im on Playstation 4. Thanks for reading.
Comments
If you change Anonymous Mode while in match, it will change at end game. I have done this few times.
oh really? so it means it changes your status even though in this example it was "ON" while in pregame lobby. Cool, thanks for answer :)
This isn't an answer but I think anonymous mode is great. Turned on all the settings and now I play every single match the queue gives me.
No urges to lobby dodge, no checking profiles etc.
Same. I just turned off the Random Matchmaking Delay since it's useless for me. Other than that I love this mode.
why would you lobby dodge before? and why do you no longer check profiles?
Well when I don't see usernames I don't feel the need too. And there are at times various reasons why someone might dodge a lobby.
I'm sure many can agree with that.
This may be a foolish question but what is the difference between the anonymous mode and hide your name?
Hide your name hides your name for you only. Anonymous mode hides your name for other players.
Ah I see. Thank you. I am assuming that hide your name is for streamer purposes.
Huh? How does anonymous mode stop you from lobby dodging? I get how it might stop people from dodging you, but not the other way around.