Should we take delay and latency in consideration for DH
Hi, i play on base ps4 but i have a good cable and internet connection, yet i notice that i find a lot of bad connections from either survivors or killers adding that to the delay of ps4 i noticed that the new DH is impossible to react to an attack, i effectively have to predict a swing every time which i have gotten used to it.
I really like the new DH, but should some change be done to it to account for this issues that you cant do anything about, i would love to see the 1 second be brought back so if i have to predict to have a bigger window.
I would like to see what is everyones thoughts.
Comments
I too think that 0.5 second, including a delay since you don't get Endurance from the start of the animation apparently, and that can be screwed over by latency, is too much to predict.
I don't necessarily think 1 second would help (though it can't hurt) because the problem is often taking a hit before the animation goes through and gives you endurance.
I'd love if the Endurance was given instantly, to be able to react to the hits instead of having to predict. Hit registration is made on the killer's side no matter the ping, precisely because otherwise it would be too much to have to predict where the survivor goes. You'd have to see the future to guess. Yet with current DH, survivor has to guess, with a 0.5 second precision, when a possibly laggy killer will hit ? Now who's gotta see the future ?
I think putting it to 1 second instead of 0.5 might help a bit. Hard to tell.
The laggy servers and players make this perk very frustrating to use lately