Killer difficulty, soloq, SWF, MMR, new players.... and more

Ok I will just get straight into this, it will be a long read, hope you enjoy. Also sorry for any typos, grammar mistakes. I made this post 3 in the morning.


The killer experience from a veteran viewpoint

If I do a killer session I am pretty much getting a 4k in a solid 9/10 games I play, that 10th game only being against some SWAT Team, and even then I have won loads of matches against those,

"you are not high MMR, I face sweaty SWF all the time running meta, yada, yada, yada"

MMR is literally old matchmaking with slightly more consistency SLIGHTLY, the game just puts u in random lobbies with a increased chance to face somewhat more skillfull players.

Also SWFS and Majority of these meta SWFs are not even hard to deal with, you just kinda need to find openings and snowball potentials. If you play a M1 killer with a weak build on a bad map, u didnt lose cause it was a SWF, u lost due to you overestimating your killer ability to fight against the odds.

Also notice on youtube how more and more of those "4K VS PRO SWF" "MY [insert low tier killer here] VS PRO 1000000 HOURS SWF INSANE RESULTS" videos starting to appear more often now? i wounder why that is.....


Either survivor need some core buffs

MMR need ANOTHER tweak to be more consistent

or killer needs a [redacted]


Also its been pretty much 5 days now, and the BP incentive is still on a consistent 100% BP bonus for survivors no matter what time the day it is, and we all know damn well its not cause everyone wanna play Wesker


SWF, killer, soloQ

Are 4 man SWF still better then killers? Majority of the times yes


does this justify all the core killer buffs with barley any compensation toward survivors especially those who play soloQ? No, and nope the 10 second BT, with 10% haste wont convince me, you have to do better then that.



Is soloQ still miserable? Well honestly, kinda:ish. it really comes down to what killer u face, their build, is your team compentent? is everyone on a decent skill level. is the map good, is the map in killers favor etc. SoloQ really is just more or less a casino and has been like it for years,

Before you could be a 1 man army due to how inbalanced survivors was, but again that was years ago, now its still possible of course to solo carry a team, but same time you also heavily relies on your team to also make some large amount of progress during the match.

Isnt DBD a team game? There is no in-built VC, no ping system, barley any indicators besides if obsession get chased, if someone is injured, dying, or hooked. only way to get info outside your line of sight is with perks and items and playing with friends in 3rd party VC softwares like discord.



Skill ceiling

I like the fact soloQ survivor is difficult and a challenge, but I cant say the same about killer. These days I am, more or less watching movies and streams on my 2nd monitor while paying half attention to the match.


I am not saying we should gut killers to the point they are weak with barley a 30% kill rate, but is it to much to ask, that killers maybe get toned down a little, make missplays more punishing and good plays more rewarding?

Obvisouly I am not saying "I want my killer games to be as hard as a dark soul boss" I just want games where I mess up to feel more impactful.


New players being hand held

New killer players (and survivors) shouldnt be hand held, lhey will at some point get better, improve, build muscle memory, have a better understanding in general of how to play, and as time goes on they will learn more advanced tactics etc.....

Dead by daylight is not rocket science and shouldnt be treated as such.


I dont have much else to say, I just wish the game was more or less slighty difficult and more rewarding and satisfying


TLDR: Killer easy, SWF strong, soloq is a gamble, increase the skill ceiling for both sides, stop treating new players like toddlers, no killer BP bonus. punish missplays, make good plays more rewarding.

Comments