Random Thought #414

I've just been thinking of horrible Wesker is thematically,for DBD - he looks (and arguably is) an edgy emo teen on umbrella growth hormones and suddenly realized that a literal Morbius chapter would've probably been aesthetically cooler,with a less buggy power and a more scary killer released.

even if they included a "morbin' time" meme it would still be more tense than whatever..the cat food man is.

Comments

  • Legion and Trickster exist though

    Like I enjoy both of these killers but Wesker is more fitting than either of those two

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Legion and Trickster exist though

    Like I enjoy both of these killers but Wesker is more fitting than either of those two

    I dunno, Trickster is an actual horrifying concept that in a way exists in real life,if I remember correctly (i think some Japan players?) picked him as the scariest. The Legion is still a band of killers,which could have a scary execution.


    Wesker is...an action movie antagonist.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168934#Comment_3168934

    I dunno, Trickster is an actual horrifying concept that in a way exists in real life,if I remember correctly (i think some Japan players?) picked him as the scariest. The Legion is still a band of killers,which could have a scary execution.

    Wesker is...an action movie antagonist.

    Conceptually Legion and Trickster make sense

    But their execution isn't the best. Especially Trickster's base lore (His tome lore is much better though).


    I'm not gonna say Wesker is the 'scariest' or most typical horror character but he def fits the roll of a killer. It really depends on your criteria.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168953#Comment_3168953

    Conceptually Legion and Trickster make sense

    But their execution isn't the best. Especially Trickster's base lore (His tome lore is much better though).

    I'm not gonna say Wesker is the 'scariest' or most typical horror character but he def fits the roll of a killer. It really depends on your criteria.

    Yeah his tome lore is amazingly written and saved him a ton. As for the execution,it's clear that BHVR failed to just execute on the concept they had with the Legion,I still can appreciate what was there,tbh. Wesker's concept is originally just "yeet survivors" and there won't be any tome to make him not be a comicbook villain.


    Morbius on the other hand.... ๐Ÿ˜€

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168972#Comment_3168972

    Yeah his tome lore is amazingly written and saved him a ton. As for the execution,it's clear that BHVR failed to just execute on the concept they had with the Legion,I still can appreciate what was there,tbh. Wesker's concept is originally just "yeet survivors" and there won't be any tome to make him not be a comicbook villain.

    Morbius on the other hand.... ๐Ÿ˜€

    At least Wesker has motivation and an ideology of some kind. It's a over the top motivation but at least it's there

    I love Nemesis but his reason for being in DBD makes less sense than Weskers for example. Sure he fits the archetype of a Killer but I can imagine Wesker going around hooking people more than I can Nemesis.

    I think it's just RE in general with it's tone and writing that makes their characters seem a bit out of place in DBD thematically.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168980#Comment_3168980

    At least Wesker has motivation and an ideology of some kind. It's a over the top motivation but at least it's there

    I love Nemesis but his reason for being in DBD makes less sense than Weskers for example. Sure he fits the archetype of a Killer but I can imagine Wesker going around hooking people more than I can Nemesis.

    I think it's just RE in general with it's tone and writing that makes their characters seem a bit out of place in DBD thematically.

    Nemesis is a programmable weapon,I can imagine him bowing down to the entity. How does hooking survivors fit Wesker's..ideology,whatever the ######### his ideology is.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168992#Comment_3168992

    Nemesis is a programmable weapon,I can imagine him bowing down to the entity. How does hooking survivors fit Wesker's..ideology,whatever the ######### his ideology is.

    If you assume the entity has 'programmed him' then he can make sense but it says in his lore his goal is still to go around killing STARS members. Really barebones lore

    Wesker's whole thing is spreading a disease that kills like 99% of the people who get it, leaving a world full of people with "Superior genetics" aka people like him that can survive the virus. I really wish they would expand the lore on how/why some of these characters are serving the entity though.

    I guess being taken by the entity wasn't enough to make him give up his goal of complete global saturation

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3168997#Comment_3168997

    If you assume the entity has 'programmed him' then he can make sense but it says in his lore his goal is still to go around killing STARS members. Really barebones lore

    Wesker's whole thing is spreading a disease that kills like 99% of the people who get it, leaving a world full of people with "Superior genetics" aka people like him that can survive the virus. I really wish they would expand the lore on how/why some of these characters are serving the entity though.

    I guess being taken by the entity wasn't enough to make him give up his goal of complete global saturation

    okay but then like

    either all survivors are "superior beings" or axe body spray is an undiscovered owobowos antidote.

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3169005#Comment_3169005

    okay but then like

    either all survivors are "superior beings" or axe body spray is an undiscovered owobowos antidote.

    Well that's just yk gameplay being gameplay

    It's like asking how survivors survive getting impaled by a chain mounted spear or how they survive getting hit by Pyramid Head.

    My head canon is all fatal injuries in the entity realm are lessened by some contrived entity magic but I doubt there's any actual explanation for it, it's just for the sake of gameplay