Killers ranked by how quickly they recover line of sight when pallet stunned
I was watching some Wesker gameplay and noticed that when he gets pallet stunned, Wesker does no look down at all. This gives Wesker a clear line of sight on the survivor and where they're going after the stun.
It felt unusual to me, since both killers I main have their vision essentially blinded during the stun (Hag looks at the ground, Legion has that sweet pallet fullscreen). I thought it was a feature that killers always lost some amount of sight after being stunned.
So I went and watched all killers pallet stuns from their POV, and I was a bit surprised to see that if most of them have their vision completely or partially impaired after a stun, a few of them keep a clear line of sight on the survivor after the stun.
For those curious, here's the distribution !
I'd be curious to see if there are any FOV techs possible on some of these yellow tier killers that aren't possible on Wesker, Artist or Deathslinger.
I don't think this has any serious effect on the survivor's chances at escaping chase, since the killer does see their scratch marks anyway, but I imagine it can induce a half second less of confusion if you clearly see where they're going from your stunned position.
(Wraith and Demo are in a different tier than the other yellow ones because while they do have a pallet fullscreen, they look up quickly enough to see the survivor's midsection before their vision returns to normal, while most other killers have their vision remain on the pallet before it returns to normal).
(Onryo has the lower side of the pallet visible if the survivor moves there, but she both looks down and has her hands covering her vision, so I put her in the complete line of sight loss tier.)

Comments