Coldwind Farm (Barn + Butchers) needs a redesign.

The Three points that I always hear from other killers and I repeat myself are as follows:

1: It’s way to bright. The corn matches the ground and sometimes the scratch marks themselves. Making it even harder to follow than any other map (besides up stairs in GOJ)


2: Generators are always in within a good 20 meters from another in packs of two-three. Making it super easy to protect but also super easy to rush. Not to mention the jungle gyms with two pallets within a few feet from each other.


3: Lack of retaliation movement areas. These areas are the ones where if a Survivor drops a pallet and is circling it the killer can move around the pallet for mind games. The map has 3 (but some won’t get pallets sometimes) , but has many safe protected pallets. God pallets (within reason) are great, but you need unsafe ones too.


Now I’m not going to just sit here and whine. I actually have suggestions and ideas and wish to hear some other ones.


Idea 1: Have more open areas and consider maybe having something with verticality. Not just the Hay Baler.


Idea 2: I’d move the Generators around a little more so you don’t have two within throwing distance every match. Perhaps even rearrange some structures to help with it.


Idea 3: Changing the short wall pallets to be less safe, but adding a god pallet to the actual butchers area.

Comments