Devs, are you unable to refactor the licensed killers because of legality reasons?
The question pretty much sums it up but I was just curious. If not then I completely understand that and the community would as well. However, if you are able to change the licensed killers or make slight adjustments could you please do it for the underwhelming licensed killers? I am of the opinion that all of the killers should at least be viable but there are certain ones that aren't even close.
Comments
Oh I misunderstood the question at first, they can tweak the killers but they can't get any new outfits for them without permission. Because they changed Michael and Laurie's perks once already.
If they are able to "tweak" the licensed killer's abilities then why haven't they fixed Freddy? In his current state he is not viable unless you run "Z Block" and "Unicorn Block" (this is against decent survivors) addons which can only be done infrequently due to the spawn rate in his blood web. Against extremely good survivors he isn't viable even with those addons because they know how to abuse his bugs.
Here is a list of possibilities that might help:
The above list are just a few of any number of changes that could be made to make Freddy viable.
It just feels as though in this game of "cat and mouse" often times the mice tend to abuse the cat. That doesn't seem to be the premise of the game.
I might be wrong but I believe they have something planned regarding Freddy. Supposedly, we'll be seeing a massive rework of his power at some point in the future. Then again, it's only something I've heard here and there from other players and so I'm not entirely certain if it's true.
They are working on it. He will be the next killer to receive a rework.
Don't worry. They're "reworking" Freddy. Of course, they've been doing so for about half a year now. But I'm sure he'll come out just like hatch and decisive strike changes did.