Killer match incentives ...

Here is something I don't fully understand.

Incentive for survivor, is straightforward. After all, it's just a superficial change.

Incentive for killer though ... I'm not as skilled with all the killers I play. So it's the same if I play Trapper, Blight or Mastermind?

Is the survivor population skill that neatly distributed?

Comments

  • @drsoontm said:

    Here is something I don't fully understand.

    Incentive for survivor, is straightforward. After all, it's just a superficial change.

    Incentive for killer though ... I'm not as skilled with all the killers I play. So it's the same if I play Trapper, Blight or Mastermind?

    Is the survivor population skill that neatly distributed?

    It's not to promote variety or challenge or skill.

    It is literally just there to get butts in seats.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/343669/killer-match-incentives

    It's not to promote variety or challenge or skill.

    It is literally just there to get butts in seats.

    That would make sense. But I thought there was also the underlying idea of getting players with the "right" skills as teammates and opponents.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3159595#Comment_3159595

    That would make sense. But I thought there was also the underlying idea of getting players with the "right" skills as teammates and opponents.

    Sadly, you are mistaken. The game will still put new players up against people who've been playing since the game came out.

    It does not care if this is your third game or your 3,000th. And it cares even less if you're playing a brand new killer who came out 2 minutes ago versus one you've played 200 hours with.

    Butts.

    In.

    Seats.