Why can't we see our own MMR?
I don't think the argument that if we knew what our MMR is, it'll become some sort of 'bullying' tool or wtv.
I think it's important for us to see our personal MMR and have guidelines as to what's a 'low' MMR and what's a 'high' MMR.
The reason is, at the moment, there is zero incentive to do 'well' at the game. You can still reach rank 1 without escaping through gates as survivor and without getting 4K as killer.
Knowing the value and having some other form of compensation for reaching such value might make it worth it.
It'll also make certain games less frustrating when it's matchmaking not doing its job.
Example: you get 0K as a killer even though you're doing your best, but this team seems insanely good. If in post-game you saw that your MMR value is 1000 but theirs was 2000, you can blame matchmaking for this match and not doubt your skill level.
Same for survivor, if your MMR is 500 but the killer was 1500 post-game, you can understand why your 'usual' strategy wasn't working.
Making these numbers public will inevitably bring criticism towards matchmaking, which I believe is the root of a lot of the issues in dbd, but criticism is good and will lead to making it a better system.
Thoughts?
Comments
I think you should be able to see it, but others can't, so for example, it wouldn't show others besides you your MMR in post game or anything. Have it next to your account level in lobby while you wait for a match or something. This would make it where people can't be toxic about it, but you yourself can still see it. At the moment I'm pretty sure there's no way for anyone to see their own MMR
I thought about this as well, but knowing your own MMR is meaningless if you don't know the MMR of the other players in the match. MMR is only meaningful when compared, otherwise it may as well be some random number.