Everyone noticed an uptick in Hex perks usage?

Hello everyone,

for the most part of last year Hex perks were rather rare, as most killers couldn't properly defend them and gen slowdown and regression perks were often seen as the more consistent and valuable investment. After some time I would nearly never see a Hex perk ingame anymore. As a result I had two survivor achievments that languished pretty much in the middle of the road, ie "Deep Cleansing" at 65/100 and "Bless You" at 8/20.

Since the patch dropped and things somewhat stabilized, I noticed a significant increase in Hex perk usage. I guess that some killers now feel more comfortable enough to try out Hex builds, as they don't get stomped and genrushed immediately if they equip anything else then a gen regression build.

Consequently today I finished "Deep Cleansing" and am sitting at 18/20 for "Bless You". I still think that Hex perks are a rather lackluster mechanic and could need some tweaks and changes to their mechanics, but on the other hand I am happy to finally being able to cross this achievments off my list and to see that others seem to get some value out of their hexes.

Comments

  • I haven't faced a Hex in a while

  • tbh its probably Pentimento.

    Hex perks are still garbage, but at least you can now dedicate another perk slot to having a useful yet extremely fragile backup tool for if/when they get taken out. Assuming they don't get booned of course. Unfortunately its one of the best slowdown perks at the moment, so people have been trying to work it into their builds more. I even see people run undying with it in order to try to get more totems cleansed to apply it on. Nobody ever gets to 5 stacks of course, but being able to put it on multiple ensures the first tier sees more active time.

  • I've seen a lot of Devour, Undying and Blood Favor lately, but these last two were in the shrine recently so I'm not surprised to see people trying them out.

  • Not really. With Ruin being nerfed Hex perks have become less common for me.

  • Generally I still run hexes from time to time, but they are usually limited and taken as icing on the cake rather than building around them. They are just too much risk vs reward and RNG for my tastes.

    I'll take Lullaby on my doc as I generally only run him with a skill check build. DH is something I'll throw on a M1 killer from time to time, but I usually run it alone because it can vanish pretty quickly even with Undying, and I'd rather just have my main build to rely on. Pent+Plaything is sometimes in the rotation on my more mobile killers, but survivors are getting better at countering it.