Why is Grim Embrace an Obsession perk?

Title.

I genuinely can't figure out the theming or the mechanical utility behind only showing the Obsession's aura. It's too situational, since the Obsession could be the fourth hook or might even be dead by the time you get the fourth stack depending on how stealthy they play and how much the others mess up (or how much the killer successfully tunnels, even).

Would Grim Embrace be broken if it showed all survivor auras for its duration? It's already not all that fantastic, and showing all auras would solve the issue where survivors just stealth while the gens are blocked.

Comments

  • I wouldn't mind them changing the perk so that it has it's current effects, but if the obsession is hooked last, you see all other survivors. Then you don't get the awkward situation of only getting part of the perk's benefits. I don't find it an extremely strong perk, it can come in clutch, but overall, it promotes a good playstyle I think so I wouldn't mind it getting a buff.

  • They could make it reveal everyone and it’d still suck, imo.

  • @amazing_grace said:

    I wouldn't mind them changing the perk so that it has it's current effects, but if the obsession is hooked last, you see all other survivors. Then you don't get the awkward situation of only getting part of the perk's benefits. I don't find it an extremely strong perk, it can come in clutch, but overall, it promotes a good playstyle I think so I wouldn't mind it getting a buff.

    Yeah I think it should show all survivors auras and work twice could make it worth try 8 hook game before finishing anyone off.