Hello Dear Forum Users. I need your help.

Hiya! I'm currently working on two rework concepts for Trapper & The Hillbilly in a video format.


I'm currently in the process of finalizing the Trapper's new basekit and giving an overview to the rework I gave to the Hillbilly's addons.

I wanted to ask y'all to drop in your suggestions for these two killers - new or reworked add-ons,changes to their basekit,big or small.


Sneak Peek:

Trapper will have his early game massively improved. Hillbilly will have an addon that will let him do a 180° turn with the secondary ability button once per Chainsaw Sprint.

Comments

  • i think trapper should get some form of haste when a survivor is trapped, either for a set time or until the survivor gets out of the trap. idk how thatd interact with the rest of the changes youve come up with, but i think thatd be good.

  • I think it's universally agreed upon that Billy needs a charge addon of some kind, not quite on the level of his old ones but maybe a brown addon that reduces chainsaw charge time by 10% or 15%. Something like that - it's def the most common request I've seen for Billy when it comes to addons

    The two problems with Billy aren't exactly easy to suggest fixes for because they stem from two things:

    1) His collision/bumping feeling completely jank and clunky. He just feels horrible to play

    2) Overheat is an annoying mechanic that doesn't really serve a real purpose, it punishes a killer for using their power too much which in the current state of the game makes no sense when there are other killers who can use their power 24/7 with no such penalty.

    If It were up to me, I'd keep Overheat but tone it down - If a Billy overheats, they can still use their saw for mobility but if you hit a survivor while overheated, it only deals 1 health state of damage. This keeps the intended idea of stopping people from constantly feathering the chainsaw at loops for free zoning while also not locking him out of his power for simply using it

  • An interesting change I thought of for hillbilly was a charge speed increase depending on your current chainsaw heat meter. Basically the hotter the Saw is the faster it would activate

  • @xni6_ said:

    i think trapper should get some form of haste when a survivor is trapped, either for a set time or until the survivor gets out of the trap. idk how thatd interact with the rest of the changes youve come up with, but i think thatd be good.

    Oh! Jeez,thank you, that's actually a really good suggestion!

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I think it's universally agreed upon that Billy needs a charge addon of some kind, not quite on the level of his old ones but maybe a brown addon that reduces chainsaw charge time by 10% or 15%. Something like that - it's def the most common request I've seen for Billy when it comes to addons

    The two problems with Billy aren't exactly easy to suggest fixes for because they stem from two things:

    1) His collision/bumping feeling completely jank and clunky. He just feels horrible to play

    2) Overheat is an annoying mechanic that doesn't really serve a real purpose, it punishes a killer for using their power too much which in the current state of the game makes no sense when there are other killers who can use their power 24/7 with no such penalty.

    If It were up to me, I'd keep Overheat but tone it down - If a Billy overheats, they can still use their saw for mobility but if you hit a survivor while overheated, it only deals 1 health state of damage. This keeps the intended idea of stopping people from constantly feathering the chainsaw at loops for free zoning while also not locking him out of his power for simply using it

    Mmm,I think with the changes I have in my mind you won't need a charge reduction. His basekit will be buffed accordingly for his current charge speed ;)


    @Phasmamain said:

    An interesting change I thought of for hillbilly was a charge speed increase depending on your current chainsaw heat meter. Basically the hotter the Saw is the faster it would activate

    That's interesting! Unfortunately I already have something completely different for his overheat mechanic in mind. It will be kept in a way,but changed significantly in the way it punishes the Hillbilly and for what it punishes him.

  • "His collision/bumping feeling completely jank and clunky. He just feels horrible to play"

    @Brokenbones I believe you might like a certain addon that I have in mind!

    I personally feel like his collision is fine overall,there are just some problematic objects like macmillan trees and all the weird bush BS on the newer maps.