1 Year in and here's what I think about both sides and the new 'normal'
Okay so I've been playing for about a year and here's what I think. This was supposed to be written about a month ago and I've been putting it off so keep that in mind because everything I say in the first part is my experience BEFORE the new changes and then i'll compare that to today's games.
So I sucked at both when I first started playing but I was so bad at Killer, not only couldn't I kill anyone, but I would be lucky to hit 1 or 2 ppl a game. Forget about downing them, I couldn't even track 'em. So I decided I was going to play Survivor exclusively for awhile figuring if I get decent at Survivor, then that would help me playing Killer and it worked, I recommend that to anyone starting out at the game, especially if you tried Killer and got totally frustrated as I had.
So what I learned over the past year? Well playing solo all the time is a toss up if you'll get help or not. Some days its like I run into every selfish jerk out here, even after I've saved them and/or unhooked them multiple times. Most people are decent team players tho so I try to keep that in mind while 3jerks are letting me die on my 1st hook, even without a camper. This will be too long so I'll get to my main thoughts on both positions.
I thought the game was biased in favor of Killers when I was new. After learning the game as Survivor, I thought it was pretty even. Then as I was learning Killer, I thought it was slanted towards the Survivors. After playing Killer awhile, I decided again it was pretty even because if I killed 2, that was even+ to me. If I killed 3 I won in my prerogative and 4 was icing on a win. Nowhere does it say as Killer, you must kill all to be considered a success, let alone fair and balanced. This is a big point I'll reference again later.
Now this is where I was about a month ago, before the changes. Now?
I don't know why anyone thought it would be a good idea to give Killers their ultimate wish list all at once nor why as a Killer you would want that? If you're into boring no challenges games as a Killer, then you lucked out. Now Killers hear me out. I SUCKED A KILLER. I wound up being decent at it so much so, that I went from thinking I couldn't ever catch anyone to getting Adept Killers in half the crew and I own every main character too. So to me, I couldn't understand anymore why Killers thought it was so imbalanced. The only Survivors I couldn't beat were SWF's and I am a part time Killer. Flash to today and they give me some trouble but I contend it's way easier now and definitely imbalanced. I want good competitive games on both sides, win or die. I haven't seen many of those recently. What I have seen is a record number of games end in 5 mins or less and a lot of giving up.
I haven't played every changed Perk to have good feedback on them, but these are the changes I think work and the ones I dont. First off, Dead Hard always felt a bit unfair to me so I only used it to complete challenges 99% of the time. I think that was a good change. Too many taunting tools were using it to be jerks anyway. The lengthening of the Gen time was one that wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that so many other Survivor Perks were nerfed and at the same time. It's too skewed not to be imbalanced greatly now. PPL don't know whether to go for the save or finish the Gen with the added time. I hope others will talk constructively about their experiences because I'm sure others from both sides have concerns and I cant think of them all today but I think BP for Saving ppl like WGLF was doing, is a good incentive. Solo's heed help out there any way they can get it. Here's a perk I think was ruined because I'll never ever use it now and even before I Didn't care for it because it felt too slow for my liking, that would be Self Care. I think where DH should have been nerfed, SC should've been left alone, especially with the Gens getting a 10 sec boost. There are others and when they come to me, I'll post them here.
I hope others can discuss this without flaming each other and to BHVR, I know you're trying to do what's best for the game and if you look over your data since the changes, I think you'll see I make some valid points and if you can see my player data, you will see the when and how much I've played both sides is true as well. I think the game needed some minor tweaks but it got an unintentional whole one-sided facelift.
Peace
Comments