Really good Trapper build I came up with.

So I been "maining" Trapper for quite awhile now, and I've had a pretty good build that I've been using for awhile now but decided I wanted to switch it up a little bit, and boy is what I came up with a doosy, and wanted to share it with yall.

So it used to be my opinion that Corrupt Intervention was a instant buy for Trapper, 2 minutes to get completely set up but I really wanted to try something else for slowdown. Besides CI I was also running Unnerving Presense, because I believe in running a characters perks on that character if you can, and so I was coupling that with Star Struck and Agitation, and the game plan was to set up my traps around some sort of 3 Gen, and then defend the 3 Gen as best I can, using starstruck to try and force them out of my area each down, hopefully causing them to run into traps in their panic. It worked alright but I ran into this SWF and even though I could guarantee you this dude should have been exposed, he just wasnt numerous times. I had been concerned that the timer on the exposed was to short, and this dude was demonstrating it was. So time to change.

So, here is the new build. Unnerving Presense, Coulrophobia, Distressing, Merciless Storm.

Didn't seem to be working so well at first, the Survivors got me down to just 1 Gen left, then lost. Over and over again, down to 1 Gen, Survivors lost. That's when I realized what's happening. The current trend to genrush is serving me completely. You do the same thing in the beginning of the map (except you can actually down now) and just make a once around the map picking up and placing your traps, chasing as needed. Gens will pop, blah blah blah, but once a Merciless Storm procs, which will become more and more guaranteed the closer they are to you and your TR, you just go to that Gen immediately and defend it. By the time you arrive, the lock should be gone and you can kick, then you defend this Gen. So, because the thing was at 90%, and you have no slowdown besides your kick, they are gonna try and fight for it. They don't wanna lose all that progress, so they aren't gonna bother going to another Gen, so basically camp/proxy camp this Gen. Grab traps and trap it up. Hit and run. Eventually, if you do it right, this Gen can actually completely regress all the way down, they will lose ALL their progress. If you are hitting and running correctly, they should all be injured. They won't be able to heal near you, and if they try they WILL fail skill checks and you WILL find them. Like I said, you will lose a Gen or two definitely, don't worry about it. If anything, let them grab the ones far away so you don't gotta move your TR to much.

Comments

  • This is basically the same build I've seen going around that works best on smaller maps, but instead of merciless storm its sloppy butcher. "Impossible heal build"