New Dead Hard is even stronger against a lot of killers than it was before.

Picture this;

-You hit an insane curve as Hillbilly.

-You hit a sharp flick as Blight around a tight loop.

-You throw a perfect hatchet as Huntress.

-You perfectly guess the survivor's pathing as Hag.


In all of these situations, your mechanical and/or decision making skill is invalidated by the survivor pressing a button. No longer do you just get a cooldown, the survivor also gets a speed boost.

If you're playing Billy, it's like you're always running speed limiter. If you're playing Huntress, you're almost guaranteed to have to hit them three times. If you're playing Blight, you can't do anything flashy and have to waste more bumps to get a hit. As Hag, you can no longer rely on instantly hitting survivors after teleporting.

This isn't healthy for the game. It isn't healthy for a player's skill to be invalidated by "good timing" on a survivor's part.

I've used DH as survivor aswell, and every time I use it against a killer like this, I don't feel like I outplayed them. I feel like I got carried by a poorly designed mechanic that rewards sloppy play.

Comments

  • @RatbasterdJr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3136849#Comment_3136849

    Yes.. and good killers will combat dead hard with a non lunge hit. Most survivors aren’t using dead hard in reaction to a swing coming, it’s being used at moments they HOPE the killer will swing. Or it’s being used while baiting the killer to swing.

    IE, popping DH while greeding a pallet, faking a window, or trying to spin the killer.

    Thats what reads are, yes. You're taking preemptive action to respond to what you decide your opponent is going to do. If you've ever played fighting games, any match that involves a grappler tends to be full of em.

  • Dead hard is horrible now, just a little bit of latency totally screws you up

  • @Breadn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3124466#Comment_3124466

    But old Dead Hard doesn't give the 3s speed boost after being hit. Even for killers with movement abilities, that's massive. It's the difference between Dead Harding in a deadzone and still being stuck there, and being able to use that speed to get to a different loop. Remember, that's the same exact speed boost you get from Sprint Burst, Lithe, and Balanced Landing. It's massive.

    honestly i feel like the new DH annoys me more as killer than the old one

    peepobye and go crossmap if you E.

  • @Breadn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3125779#Comment_3125779

    I put good timing in quotations because I don't believe that is at all skillful. Like I said, I was able to use it just fine while being a horrible survivor player. The timing is forgiving, especially against chase killers, and invalidates THEIR skill significantly as there's nothing they can do to outplay you. With old Dead Hard you were barely given any distance, but now you get nearly an entire sprint burst to get to another loop or hide.

    You want to know what REALLY isn't skillfull? Waiting out Dead Hard.

    You should try it.

1 2 ›