Is Call of Brine bugged or have a max distance?

I have had some matches where despite kicking gens quite often, I get less than 5 notifications from Call of Brine in an entire match where it gets down to 1-2 gens or all of them completed. I check after the match to see if anyone is running anything that stops this but I can't see any unless Distortion does it. I know that people can hit great skill checks and not make it go off, but I must be going against a ton of god tier skill check people in some games or getting mega unlucky and having people get no skillchecks at times.

Talked to a few different groups after the matches. One SWF claimed they are able to hit only great skill checks every single time without fail which I highly doubt (also claimed they only do it if they think the killer has Brine. Why would this even be the case if you can hit it every time and get gens done faster?).

Has anyone else been noticing this?

Comments