Did anyone else see Dedicated Servers coming by reading the Matchmaking announcement?

I don't mean to brag or anything but the moment I read BHVR's new matchmaking system idea, it immediately clicked - I knew the moment I read it that they were preparing the game for Dedicated Servers.
The way the new matchmaking system works (or will work) was explained in their post titled "NEW MATCHMAKING SYSTEM - INFORMATION" which was posted on November 27th.
To quote from the post;

 The new system puts a player looking for a match in one of two queues: a queue for killers and a queue for survivors. Then at a fixed time interval (for example, every thirty seconds), it takes a bucket of players from both queues and matches them together, creating multiple lobbies, and trying to find the best possible match for a player with every other player within the bucket (again, according to rank and geolocation).

How the matchmaking currently is, a Killer creates a lobby and sits in it, waiting for there to be enough Survivors before the game will start. That's how Dead By Daylight, and with that most other multiplayer games with Peer to Peer connections, work.
The new matchmaking system will ensure that all five players are placed in a lobby at the exact same time. The lobbies should not have, for example, a 3-man SWF and no fourth Survivor, instead they'll have all four Survivors and the one Killer load in simultaneously.
Though this also means it will be impossible to determine whether players in a Survive With Friends group are in the lobby, the matchmaking in general will be drastically improved as a result.
It's also much more friendly to Dedicated Servers, while also being capable of accommodating Peer to Peer connections until Dedicated Servers are implemented.

I picked up on it the moment I read it, but did anybody else? Did anybody else who read the new matchmaking system announcement figure out that it's perfect for Dedicated Servers too? Or did they just think of it as 'the devs buffing SWF by making it impossible to tell if they're in your lobby'?

Comments