Am I the only one that think Spine Chill might broke the balance in the future?
I'm not actually talking about the Spine Chill, but the temporary importment terror measurement for the deafen people.
I'm so proud that BHVR choose to put a function that helps deafen people to play, but I think they should tweak it a little when they brought the function in to the game regardless to the usage of Spine Chill, since it's too powerful.
Visualized terror strength is not a joke. It is much better indicator than the heartbeating sound, since you can just see how far the killer is. In chase, you can precisely predict the path of the killer by the distance it gives with the icon, even when you can't see them because of the obstacle.
6.1.0 buffed killer in many ways, so it's not that bad right now. But it is a potential game-breaking element and taking away horror aspect from DBD.
So it must be tweaked a little. Maybe showing stages rather than actual terror strength might work? Or using similar indicator that mobile DBD has can be a solution: heartbeating grows faster and stronger with the animated heart, but it does not give actual distance like full-red icon of Spine Chill.
Comments
I don't think it's game breaking, or even a huge balance issue no. Knowing how close a killer is with this perk isn't going to make playing Killer that much harder - a lot of survivors with experience can do this already just by how intense the heartbeat/terror radius music is anyway and they're using one of their 4 perk slots to do this, instead of something else that can keep them alive (for those not Hard of Hearing to be clear).
As you've stated, this is a temporary measure and I imagine their permanent solution is going to be something akin to DBD mobile where there'll be an on screen visual indicator that does something similar without needing a perk.
The only part of Spine Chill I disagree with currently is it lights up when a killer is within 32m of you regardless, terror radius or otherwise, which counters stealth killers to a degree.