I prefer Sneaks and Spooks over Chases and Loops

It's far less optimal gameplay, but it's fun to play a bit more on the spooky side. For example, as Ghost Face, hit them with an attack, then mid-chase when you are right on them, vanish off to the side and stealth. They usually panic wondering where you disappeared to. Give them a false sense of security by following them off to the side. When they feel safe, follow up with Nurse's Calling to sneak up and finish them off with a jumpscare.

https://youtu.be/VJJHFugOKtg

Any of y'all have some unusual gameplay styles that aren't "must win"?

Comments

  • When I play Trickster, I'll sometimes try getting knife hits through windows and small cracks in the walls of shack or other structures instead of following them directly and hitting knives when I can. Less optimal but more fun and stylish tagging them with knives that way.

    Btw, I love doing that with Ghostie as well!

  • @Remedicist said:

    When I play Trickster, I'll sometimes try getting knife hits through windows and small cracks in the walls of shack or other structures instead of following them directly and hitting knives when I can. Less optimal but more fun and stylish tagging them with knives that way.

    Btw, I love doing that with Ghostie as well!

    New BP category unique to Tricker - Style points! XD

  • This is why I always play Scratched Mirror when I'm looking for a fun time. It's so much more rewarding to know that I scared someone than if I 4k.

  • I love playing Ghostie from time to time, even though I’m a huge chasing enjoyer. I think I just like creeping up on survivors and scaring them. Maybe I should play him more…

    Anyway, a build I like using on Wraith is double shadow dance addons, Brutal Strength, Save the Best for Last, Spirit Fury and Enduring. Because pallets suck.

  • I've just started to learn Onryo, and it's actually really fun, especially when chaining teleports, having unpredictable pathing and teleporting when the survivor loses sight of you.

    You can tell when they panic, yet feedback has usually been enjoyment! I'm loving this killer!

  • I prefer stealth but I've recently been enjoying chases as long as matchmaking works and doesn't give me a killer who is much better than me. I just wish devs would stop with the aura reading perks and barren maps like Poo Poo Bird Ladys bushless map.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I prefer stealth but I've recently been enjoying chases as long as matchmaking works and doesn't give me a killer who is much better than me. I just wish devs would stop with the aura reading perks and barren maps like Poo Poo Bird Ladys bushless map.

    I hear Distortion's buff is pretty good to counter aura reading.

  • @Cybil said:

    This is why I always play Scratched Mirror when I'm looking for a fun time. It's so much more rewarding to know that I scared someone than if I 4k.

    Yeah, scratched mirror Myers is my favorite form of DBD, and I mean that as a surv. Love the tension, it's the closest to actual horror this game can currently produce.

    It's also why I love running Sadako; that feeling you just made someone void their bowels is just the best.