The Big Issue is not only the Killer buffs, bad matchmaking (MMR) is the real Problem

don't get me wrong the buffs also have their share that many survivors don't feel like playing their role anymore because they will get killed every round, most survivors are not good and can be tunneled very easily (fact) because of that most survivors have very big problems handling this, before they had at least DS-DH as protection (btw- the change to DH was correct, but not DS because the killer free tunnels can do it without risk) this is the current situation

but many overlook the matchmaking which is sadly very bad, before the cap change it wasn't good but it had its raison d'etre experienced players weren't made with hundreds of hours of players who immediately dcn or sacrifice herself on the hook, don't making gens, hide at the edge of the map bc they have TR and and and. now you can see how bad the matchmaking really is, that's why many talk about the solo que, because now you need skill to survive no meta anymore to helps you,

Example alone today: a pin-head who didn't even use his ability for the whole round (he didn't even know it) made a 4k even though I had done everything for my mates 5 gens, so the 2 survivors left were very bad quickly on the ground, unfortunately I did everything, but in the end it doesn't bring me anything, although the killer was very bad, but if I then play with a thousand hours of swf people, such a killer with 0 hooks and 5 gens is sent home , that's just very, very unfair and uneven, then I think to myself I'll go play Killer: a Wraith on Badham, 4 gens ez 4k, just boring if at least the old MMR was available I would never have been able to win because they had a lot of pallets but none of them knows how to play them correctly

Those were just 2 small examples, there are so many more, DBD is just not fun at the moment, I've been playing dbd for over 3.5 years, I've had over 7k hours and I've been playing 95% in the solo que since the MMR changed the fun for me has become little but after the update it is unfortunately at zero, I've never despised dbd so much as in this time (change from the MMR and the update against my solo que mates who instead of going down in 10sec now go down in 5sec , previously rarely made gens now not at all, before now and then are dct and now almost every round)

so bhvr should try to improve the matchmaking first, i promise you bhvr people won't say "oh 100% more bp for survivor ? then i'll play the role where i'm just getting beaten up by the killer over and over again lets go" something has to be done or the players will run away from you, I don't want my favorite game that I've been playing for over 3.5 years to break, you shouldn't take too much time! And I hear people saying "we need the icons for the solo que" people and then ? will people start making gens when there are icons? Will they start surviving once the icons are there? Of course not that's just a small drop in the bucket, even without icons the solo que just needs mates who can make gens, who have skill and can juke the killer, as far as I'm concerned you can buff the killers even more, would more fun when it's a back and forth with real skill and not what bhvr claims to be

Comments

  • I do agree, bad matchmaking is definitely the root cause of why the survivor experience is trash. But if they fix it again, high end killer is basically unplayable. It is a tough problem to solve.

  • A casual Killer game is one where the Survivors don’t rush generators and aren’t very challenging in chase. Ideally it results in an easy 3/4k.

    A casual Survivor game is one where the Killer spends long amounts of time in chase and doesn’t pressure the map or camp. Ideally ends in a 0/1k.

    Which one should be balanced for?

  • It is tough to know if matchmaking is not working as intended, or if the changes have dramatically shaken up people's MMRs.

    Regardless, there has definitely been a massive skill discrepancy across my lobbies.


    It has been incredibly difficult to tell if the changes are relatively balanced, as a result.

    All I can say with certainty is that camping and tunneling still need to be addressed.

  • @DudelPuma said:

    don't get me wrong the buffs also have their share that many survivors don't feel like playing their role anymore because they will get killed every round, most survivors are not good and can be tunneled very easily (fact) because of that most survivors have very big problems handling this, before they had at least DS-DH as protection (btw- the change to DH was correct, but not DS because the killer free tunnels can do it without risk) this is the current situation

    but many overlook the matchmaking which is sadly very bad, before the cap change it wasn't good but it had its raison d'etre experienced players weren't made with hundreds of hours of players who immediately dcn or sacrifice herself on the hook, don't making gens, hide at the edge of the map bc they have TR and and and. now you can see how bad the matchmaking really is, that's why many talk about the solo que, because now you need skill to survive no meta anymore to helps you,

    Example alone today: a pin-head who didn't even use his ability for the whole round (he didn't even know it) made a 4k even though I had done everything for my mates 5 gens, so the 2 survivors left were very bad quickly on the ground, unfortunately I did everything, but in the end it doesn't bring me anything, although the killer was very bad, but if I then play with a thousand hours of swf people, such a killer with 0 hooks and 5 gens is sent home , that's just very, very unfair and uneven, then I think to myself I'll go play Killer: a Wraith on Badham, 4 gens ez 4k, just boring if at least the old MMR was available I would never have been able to win because they had a lot of pallets but none of them knows how to play them correctly

    Those were just 2 small examples, there are so many more, DBD is just not fun at the moment, I've been playing dbd for over 3.5 years, I've had over 7k hours and I've been playing 95% in the solo que since the MMR changed the fun for me has become little but after the update it is unfortunately at zero, I've never despised dbd so much as in this time (change from the MMR and the update against my solo que mates who instead of going down in 10sec now go down in 5sec , previously rarely made gens now not at all, before now and then are dct and now almost every round)

    so bhvr should try to improve the matchmaking first, i promise you bhvr people won't say "oh 100% more bp for survivor ? then i'll play the role where i'm just getting beaten up by the killer over and over again lets go" something has to be done or the players will run away from you, I don't want my favorite game that I've been playing for over 3.5 years to break, you shouldn't take too much time! And I hear people saying "we need the icons for the solo que" people and then ? will people start making gens when there are icons? Will they start surviving once the icons are there? Of course not that's just a small drop in the bucket, even without icons the solo que just needs mates who can make gens, who have skill and can juke the killer, as far as I'm concerned you can buff the killers even more, would more fun when it's a back and forth with real skill and not what bhvr claims to be

    I already wrote in my couple posts on this forum that big problem in SOLO-Q is also matchmaking. I really understand what u mean because I main solo-q survivor, but i m switching to killers for reasons that SOLO-Q is not playable right now.

    SOLO-Q has NO matchmaking, its RNG. Like I did write in post before, I have 4k hours and 36 hours survivor is matched in my lobby and we r playing against 8k hours main killer nurse - theres like 0 chase to win. And it keeps happening lot of time. Or another game I was matched to lobby with two survivors both under 80 hours. I dont get that i m still having survivors with self-care, some survivors maybe even dont play game much and even dont know about update.

    So I do understand what u mean, its broken and many times not fair. But its solo-q what is a big issue right now, problem is also long killer que times, less solo survivors interested to be playing game so matchmaking working even worse i guess. I m not often matched with good survivors now :/

    Survivors who DC or suicide on first hook- yeah u r right, many less experienced survivors do it, but even survivors with over 1k hours do it right now. Today i had 5 games in row when somebody DC or suicided on first hook. I feel its some new sport or something.

    I dont even know if devs of this game do care about solo-q. I love this game, i always been playing Solo-q but now its horrible.

  • Oh so killer buffs is an issue now, you think it's a problem now. xD

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    It is tough to know if matchmaking is not working as intended, or if the changes have dramatically shaken up people's MMRs.

    Regardless, there has definitely been a massive skill discrepancy across my lobbies.

    It has been incredibly difficult to tell if the changes are relatively balanced, as a result.

    All I can say with certainty is that camping and tunneling still need to be addressed.

    It would take a long time to shake up nearly a year's worth of MMR on an individual basis, so I suspect something was tinkered with behind the scenes. I just wish there was more transparency with the system. It's very frustrating in and of itself, and doubly so when we can't even give specific feedback about what exactly feels bad about it.