Does Streetwise negate the Botany Knowledge med-kit inefficiency mechanic?

I have spent a fair amount of time making progress towards calculating how med-kits and their add-ons work to try and prevent ''med-kit gamers" as I call them from leaving DBD. It just occurred to me though that Botany only gives you a 20% healing efficiency penalty and Streetwise gives you a 25% efficiency bonus. Would Streetwise cancel out the Botany penalty, or is there more at play here?

Here's a screenshot of my table I am still working on:

Medkit Gaming Chart.png


Comments

  • Someone on the forums did the math I think and they said it basically cancels it out completely

  • @AngryHobo2 said:

    I have spent a fair amount of time making progress towards calculating how med-kits and their add-ons work to try and prevent ''med-kit gamers" as I call them from leaving DBD. It just occurred to me though that Botany only gives you a 20% healing efficiency penalty and Streetwise gives you a 25% efficiency bonus. Would Streetwise cancel out the Botany penalty, or is there more at play here?

    Here's a screenshot of my table I am still working on:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/R31VLJNPJ3KA/medkit-gaming-chart.png

    @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089096#Comment_3089096

    Yes; what it does is it increases the efficiency by 25%, so with streetwise alone you’d only consume 12.8 charges for a full heal (16 / 1.25). Botany’s penalty reduces this by 20%, so you’d take 80% of 1.25 which would get you back to 1, thus they cancel, leaving the increased healing speed as a benefit.

    With botany alone, a full heal takes 20 charges since the efficiency then would be 0.8. A purple medkit with bandages would be 2 heals under that penalty, as opposed to 2.5 normally.

    Source ^

    Apologies for the double post