The meta is pretty much the same for killers after this patch

I know that a lot has already been said about the nerf to the solo q, but I think that something that has not been mentioned is how this supposed patch did not change the build of the killers at all. I keep reading and reading about how this patch was about "shaking up the meta" I read it from killers and specially from the devs. But besides shaking it for survivors, the meta is pretty much the same for killers.

Of the games I've played as solo q, I still see the same perks in all of them: BBQ & Chilli, Save the best for last, all of the gen regression perks and of course, I keep seeing Noed (As if the killers didn't already have enough help, they keep using Noed) and with new additions like thana, buts besides that, is pretty much the same.

Which is a bit exhausting, because while the survivors have to adapt with the leftovers from the nerfed perks, the killers are still in a comfort zone, which in my opinion is one of the big problems with this patch, there was no "New meta" for the killers

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3089887#Comment_3089887

    I love this "its changed quite a bit" then proceeds to go on about how old slowdown is replaced with new slowdown lmfao, that sure is "shaking up the meta" meanwhile the closest thing survivors have to old DS is OTR which is still not even that good lmfao. This update is completely one sided.

    ....... Yeah, they said in the patch notes it was one sided. That's the point of it. The new regression perks and their counters are completely different than the old ones she survivors have been given new tools to counter them. I used to run repressed alliance to soft-counter Pop and that obviously ain't happening any more.

  • @Anara said:

    You are wrong.

    The meta has changes. Ive seen a lot of Overcharge, Call of Brine, Dragon's Grip.

    And I saw a lot of chase perks not much used before.

    This patch is a blessing.

    Jolt being big on k1 killers too. OP seems to think killers were never going to run slowdown perks again. That's silly. I for one love the flexibility I have between WHICH slowdowns I use, as well as chase and aura perks. Those things will always be necessary but my builds look more diverse than ever on both killer and survivor.

  • @MikeyBoi said:

    I don’t really see how kicking a gen with call of brine and over charge is any different from old Ruin.. The killer changes make up for pre nerf this update anyways lol..

    The killer has to go out of their way to kick a gen, which is time in which survivors can hide, heal, or do another gen. Slower killers like huntress and hag don't really have time to do this. Old Ruin, on the other hand, ran passively and did not have a trigger condition. It could be disabled, but that was time that the survivors had to cleanse it (double the time if Undying or other hexes were in play). This freed up a lot of time for killers to focus on chases. As it currently stands, Ruin is a minor nuisance at best, and it disables automatically anyway. The Overcharge + CoB combination is also largely nullified if the survivors know to touch the gen for a split second, which I've seen survivors do even in chase. If multiple survivors are on the same gen, even better: one person hides while the killer chases the other off; they kick the gen and either pursue or search the area. Whoever the killer does not find or focus on touches the gen to stop the regression, and at best the Overcharge skillcheck knocks some progress off.

    Trust me, old Ruin + Undying was much more reliable and effective.

  • @MikeyBoi said:

    I don’t really see how kicking a gen with call of brine and over charge is any different from old Ruin.. The killer changes make up for pre nerf this update anyways lol..

    Ruin can be removed?

1 2 ›