Interesting Effect of Dissolution
From my experience of using this perk, I rarely ever have the intended aspect of the perk occur in most scenarios, that being a survivor vaulting over a pallet and it breaking. However, I have noticed that survivors would rather take the risk of going to another loop than breaking the pallet once they realize the perk is active (unless they are using Lithe and know they can get away from the vault safely after the pallet breaks).
I suppose it makes sense: if they vault the pallet while you are near them, the pallet would not serve its purpose of being a barrier between the survivor and the killer and would place them at a disadvantage instead. This means that Dissolution is actually a way for a killer to create an artificial wall in a chase, similar to if the pallet was affected by Bamboozle or something, and can be used to anticipate that a survivor will take an alternate escape route and cut them off accordingly.
I just found it interesting that if you try to get the perk to work using its intended ability, it will fail you 9 times out of 10. But if you use it creatively to steer survivors in another direction and cut them off, it will still get you a down. At the end of the day though, I'd rather use Brutal Strength and just break the pallet mid-chase because Dissolution's TR requirement limits the killers it can be used on and the builds it can be in.
Comments
Honestly, good way to look at it. I might have to look into that myself.