6.1.0 First week experience (SoloQ + Sadako) with demostration.

Here is my first week impression of the new patch, eyes of casual player.

I played survivor a little more than killer but here are the results:

Screenshot 2022-07-23 173518.png

I bulldozed all killer (almost everything with Sadako) achievements normally, but as survivor I have to pick "easier ones" because it's pain. Yay, at least I managed to heal someone!

Overall killer impressions:

  • Killer is obviously easier and relaxing. Some old builds shifted to something new, even my Sadako feel pretty comfortable.
  • Super strong teams still doing OK and need your attention, but newbe to average survivors burn like paper.

Overall survivor experience (probably low mmr):

  • Survivor experience is a complete hell if it's not 10-hour killer. Everyone dies twice as fast.
  • It feels like survivors are like "burned out". It's like everyone is hopless, just doing silly stuff and die in first few minutes or dc, not even trying to win.
  • All matches are in severe contrast: you either get camper/tunneler, or killer that still don't know which button to press.
  • Tunneling now unavoidable with reduced cooldowns. Escaping after hit is harder too.
  • Super-unexperienced killer also get their win at least half of the time.

General:

  • Everyone is super toxic! Usually I met plenty of toxic killers and handful of toxic surivors, but now it's like everyones on edge. Like war going on, with lots of hatred, resentment and disgust towards each other.


My biggest concern is that gap between casual players (which is majority, i believe) and tournament pro streamers are became much bigger, and killer powers shifted towards pro, so casual killers could compete.

That could be huge impact on average and new players, which wouldn't want to deliberately play predefined losing role.

Comments