I'm not entirely okay with the new prestige/progression system.

So the new system has been hit with mixed opinions to my understanding, and I can understand why. Allow me to explain why I'm not okay with this system:

-It does not properly reduce the grind.

Before the rework, if you wanted to have someone's unique perks on another character all you had to do was get them to level 40 and have chosen their teachable perks, then pump more BP into the desired character to unlock those new perks. This worked as you could leave that other character at 40 since you have their perks now unlocked and could focus your BP on the ones you wanted to play as.

But now EVERY character has to be P1 in order for their unique perks to be given to every other character applicable but only at Tier 1, requiring more prestiging for those to be bumped to Tier 3. This is also not including the 20K BP "unlock insurance" fee to keep your stuff (I call it an "unlock insurance" fee because it feels like you're bribing the Entity to not take your stuff). That means for one character to have every perk at tier 1: the unlock insurance fee for Survivors is 620,000 BP total and 560,000 BP total for Killers. That's just to get everyone to P1, this is not including the fact that you're now having to purchase those extra 10 levels compared to before. This is also made worse by the fact that the big grind reduction perks for both sides lost the bonus BP effects, so the grind has just been made worse compared to before.

All of this when a simple solution would have been to remove perk tiers. Buying all 3 tiers of a perk is 15K BP. By removing the first two tiers and leaving the perk at 6K takes out 9K BP per perk, totaling at 27K per character's set. And I've heard the reason the devs gave that "the cost would just increase every time new content is added". Sure, but that's the nature of a game that is being given new content every few months AND that's still 27K less BP that would need to be spent per new character. There'd also be the benefit of not having to design 3 levels of perk effects since they'd all be at full power to begin with and a sharp decrease of "worthless" perk levels (you know those perks that have numbers so small that there's no reason to play the perk at tier 1).

-The implementation new "Pre-stank" system.

So let me get this straight: Prestige levels 1-3 unlock the tiers of that character's perks on everyone else, 4-6 grant the unimpressive "bloody outfit", and 7-9 give the perk icons as charms... and nothing else for levels 10-100 except bragging rights? That sounds rather boring. Locking unique perks behind prestige levels and not even giving anything cool/worthwhile afterwards feels like the devs had enough of people not prestiging and decided enough was enough. Now they hold your perks at gunpoint and say "We're done playing around, you're going to prestige your characters!"

Something I want to mention also is that I may have lost already unlocked perk tiers on characters because of this system. Most from this bit here:

image.png

So if you didn't already have a character at P3, any tier 3 perk you unlocked got axed down to tier 1. Meaning the grinding you've ALREADY done is wasted. I know this already as I had Remember Me and Fire Up at tier 3 on my Legion but post-update knocked them back down to tier 1 because my Fredward had his teachables unlocked. I also have reason to believe that because of this new system I was robbed of further progress as just about every perk unlocked for this same Legion was at tier 3, but now there's 3 perk pages of tier 1 perks. Because I had the total of 113 perks (using the terms applied from the patch notes of counting each tier), my few big guys never got far because no one was previously prestiged.

Despite this bit from the patch notes: IMPORTANT: No existing perks, items, or cosmetics will be lost if they are already unlocked on a character, even if having them would contradict the rules of the new system, I believe I've lost perks due to the new system. I cannot prove this aside from hearsay because I didn't think to archive proof of my perk collection on every character, but I KNOW I had more than two pages of tier 3 perks. Anyone else have an experience like this?

-A speculation on bloodwebs from now on.

image.png

So I know this means that the "teachable" node does not exist in bloodwebs, but nowhere do I see a notion of an unlocked unique perk having it's higher tiers still being in the bloodweb. My optimist side says that it's still there regardless otherwise there'd be some empty bloodwebs for many people, but my paranoid side says that they too got removed to further incentive the new system. Can someone confirm which of those two notions is right? I'd say this is important to know going forward as with the higher tiers not showing up would REALLY not be beneficial since every new character exponentially increases the grind.

I don't have much else to say here as I've typed more than enough for now, so to wrap up: here's a dbd meme I obtained from the internet:

image.png


Comments

  • I think this was all done to make non-streamers play more. Streamers will play regardless, but most of us play to support our main do to work/school/life. I could understand the reward jump between rarely played vs played for a living; however if played a ######### ton but not like a streamer you got defaulted to rarely played rewards. And if you were unable to prestige when they made BS timed hours heads up announcement you were extra ######### on reward lost.

  • I basically on,y p,any 2 survivors and 2 killers. This system doesn’t do much to benefit me and the removal of bps from WGLF and BBQ has made it worse

  • @HeehoRacketeer said:

    So the new system has been hit with mixed opinions to my understanding, and I can understand why. Allow me to explain why I'm not okay with this system:

    -It does not properly reduce the grind.

    Before the rework, if you wanted to have someone's unique perks on another character all you had to do was get them to level 40 and have chosen their teachable perks, then pump more BP into the desired character to unlock those new perks. This worked as you could leave that other character at 40 since you have their perks now unlocked and could focus your BP on the ones you wanted to play as.

    But now EVERY character has to be P1 in order for their unique perks to be given to every other character applicable but only at Tier 1, requiring more prestiging for those to be bumped to Tier 3. This is also not including the 20K BP "unlock insurance" fee to keep your stuff (I call it an "unlock insurance" fee because it feels like you're bribing the Entity to not take your stuff). That means for one character to have every perk at tier 1: the unlock insurance fee for Survivors is 620,000 BP total and 560,000 BP total for Killers. That's just to get everyone to P1, this is not including the fact that you're now having to purchase those extra 10 levels compared to before. This is also made worse by the fact that the big grind reduction perks for both sides lost the bonus BP effects, so the grind has just been made worse compared to before.

    All of this when a simple solution would have been to remove perk tiers. Buying all 3 tiers of a perk is 15K BP. By removing the first two tiers and leaving the perk at 6K takes out 9K BP per perk, totaling at 27K per character's set. And I've heard the reason the devs gave that "the cost would just increase every time new content is added". Sure, but that's the nature of a game that is being given new content every few months AND that's still 27K less BP that would need to be spent per new character. There'd also be the benefit of not having to design 3 levels of perk effects since they'd all be at full power to begin with and a sharp decrease of "worthless" perk levels (you know those perks that have numbers so small that there's no reason to play the perk at tier 1).

    -The implementation new "Pre-stank" system.

    So let me get this straight: Prestige levels 1-3 unlock the tiers of that character's perks on everyone else, 4-6 grant the unimpressive "bloody outfit", and 7-9 give the perk icons as charms... and nothing else for levels 10-100 except bragging rights? That sounds rather boring. Locking unique perks behind prestige levels and not even giving anything cool/worthwhile afterwards feels like the devs had enough of people not prestiging and decided enough was enough. Now they hold your perks at gunpoint and say "We're done playing around, you're going to prestige your characters!"

    Something I want to mention also is that I may have lost already unlocked perk tiers on characters because of this system. Most from this bit here:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KZZHD1NAM6UC/image.png

    So if you didn't already have a character at P3, any tier 3 perk you unlocked got axed down to tier 1. Meaning the grinding you've ALREADY done is wasted. I know this already as I had Remember Me and Fire Up at tier 3 on my Legion but post-update knocked them back down to tier 1 because my Fredward had his teachables unlocked. I also have reason to believe that because of this new system I was robbed of further progress as just about every perk unlocked for this same Legion was at tier 3, but now there's 3 perk pages of tier 1 perks. Because I had the total of 113 perks (using the terms applied from the patch notes of counting each tier), my few big guys never got far because no one was previously prestiged.

    Despite this bit from the patch notes: IMPORTANT: No existing perks, items, or cosmetics will be lost if they are already unlocked on a character, even if having them would contradict the rules of the new system, I believe I've lost perks due to the new system. I cannot prove this aside from hearsay because I didn't think to archive proof of my perk collection on every character, but I KNOW I had more than two pages of tier 3 perks. Anyone else have an experience like this?

    -A speculation on bloodwebs from now on.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YBN3KB9SP93P/image.png

    So I know this means that the "teachable" node does not exist in bloodwebs, but nowhere do I see a notion of an unlocked unique perk having it's higher tiers still being in the bloodweb. My optimist side says that it's still there regardless otherwise there'd be some empty bloodwebs for many people, but my paranoid side says that they too got removed to further incentive the new system. Can someone confirm which of those two notions is right? I'd say this is important to know going forward as with the higher tiers not showing up would REALLY not be beneficial since every new character exponentially increases the grind.

    I don't have much else to say here as I've typed more than enough for now, so to wrap up: here's a dbd meme I obtained from the internet:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K0B6FGCO94IC/image.png

    Yes there is more because now instead of only having to get to level 40 you have to get to prestige one to unlock the teachers. However once you do that and you have the teachable unlocked you can still unlock the higher tears of the perk through the blood Web as normal you do not have to prestige 3 to get the tier 3 perk.